Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Hi! Just joined today!

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hello I'm Kris and I'm happy to be part of the CafeMom family!

I've been married going on three years, been TTC for two years and have not been successful.  I had gastric bypass surgery last July and lost a total of 124 lbs! Still have not been able to conceive, and my age is playing a factor which I can't do anything about but there are women older than me who are having babies! So I'm hoping to find others I can relate to and who can give me advice or tell me there story.

Thanks!

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krunchykorn
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM

welcome! It took me over a year of unprotected sex with SO to fall pregnant

Lots of baby dust!

zanana
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
welcome. I am sure that the ladies here will be able to give u support and advice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crispix2012
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Thanks ladies!

MommyAddie
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM

You just need to hang in there.  It can take a while.  I lost 130 pounds and it still took me 2 years to get pregnant after losing the weight.  You didn't mention how old you are, but I'm 33 and pregnant for the first time.  It took me a total of 12 years, so you just can't give up.  A lot of moms will tell you that it took longer than they expected, but well worth it. 

lovableme
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crispix2012
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Thank you so much!

Crispix2012
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Hi Addie!

I'm 43 yrs old!  I've tried to get pregnant before way before I met my husband! I thank God he didn't make me fertile then because I was dealing with jerks! When I met my husband he became my best friend and we had HAVE a lot in common.  I was 402 lbs 9 months ago and knew that I would not have been able to get pregnant being that heavy.  The surgery saved my life and made me change a lot of bad habits! My menstrual period started becoming regular but I did however missed this month.  I took a test two weeks ago and it was negative....I might have taken it to early though.

pedsnurse21
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:41 PM
Welcome to the group. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)