Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Fertility Monitors

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM
  • 14 Replies

So after a long week of being over 1 week late, and experiencing about 80% of symptoms listed as early signs of pregnancy on all sites found when googled, AF showed up this morning.  I guess it just wasn't in the cards again for me this month.

Anyway I was thinking of starting to use a fertility monitor.  I've used OPK in the past but it's been a long time.

If I go w/ a regular OPK, what brand do people recommend?

If I go w/ a fertility monitor, again, I'd like to hear peoples thoughts?  I have friends who I believe have used the ClearBlue Easy monitor, and if not lent out to someone else, I may be able to borrow their monitor, and obviously just buy the pee sticks, and that would save me some money, but if not, I may have to buy the monitor myself.  Does anyone out there feel this is a good investment?  Would it be worth it?  I kinda like the fact that it gives you additional high fertility days besides the peak days, since it also measures estrogen.    

I also read about the OvaCue, which is saliva based?  I never heard you could do that, it seems odd to me....The product also has very mixed reviews, and I see that the vaginal wand is optional, but everyone who reviewed it seems to find the wand necessary, so I don't know why OvaCue wouldn't just include it as a standard item when purchasing?  Weird.  I probably wont go w/ this, since my cycles can be irregular and a lot of reviews say it has trouble w/ irregular cycles.  

Are there other brands out there?  I was googling fertility monitors and these were the only 2 that really came up.  So I'd like to hear about opinions on them or if you know of another brand?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wantn1more
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:33 PM
Clear blue fetility monitor is one of the bests.... It would also help to temp/chart with it. When you said you were one week late, did you know when you ovulated? Because that can change every month and you wouldn't officially be late if you did O later than normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FirstLadyJen
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Exactly, I didn't use OPK or monitor so I don't know when I O'd.  So I suppose I may not have technically been late.  But based on my past cycles for the past 8 mo being exactly 30 or 31 days, I figured this mo would be the same, but I suppose it may not have been.  That's why I'm thinking of using monitors now.

DreaminofCupcak
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I personally like the CBE Digital. I can get you the CBFM sticks for $10 a box (30) though if you need them

mzfiremoon
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I have Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. I LOVE IT!! It pinpoints O day wonderfully. I definitely recommend it, I bought mine off of ebay for 50 something bucks I think. Good Luck!!

mzfiremoon
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting DreaminofCupcak:

I personally like the CBE Digital. I can get you the CBFM sticks for $10 a box (30) though if you need them

Where?? I need to buy for my next cycle.

FirstLadyJen
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yes definitely where?  I'm definitely serious about wanting to get the monitor so whether I borrow or buy, getting the 30box for $10 would be sweet!  

Quoting DreaminofCupcak:

BethRae
by Bethany on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Fertility monitor is the best. Used it to conceive all my children and always got pregnant right away once I started using it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DreaminofCupcak
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:45 PM
It's a place I've been shopping for years. The girls save all the tests from the rite aid shipments for me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Did it only take you one month to concieve after using the monitor the first time ever using it? im on cd26 of my first month using the clearblue fertility monitor and hope to see results really soon!!!

Quoting BethRae:

Fertility monitor is the best. Used it to conceive all my children and always got pregnant right away once I started using it.

BabyDust77
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Used.it.for.4 months, and.got.my bfp 3 days ago. Loved it. It was always spot on with o, and i also liked the extra days it gave u. Id suggest it to anyone ttc.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN