Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Mother in law

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
  • 11 Replies
My mother in law is such a sweetheart and I have always felt very trusting with her. Well she is a very caring person, and has said frequently that she loves babies and misses pushing them in a stroller. So then tonight we go visit her and he says, " we'll I'm waiting for you guys to have one" and hubby replies " it might be awhile." :(
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WenStew
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I am so sorry :( that is always a hard conversation to have, and of course our family doesn't know the hard time we are going through.. how long have you been trying?

bann917
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Since sept. but I got of bc then and had been on it because of irregular periods and that's how they r now...
GwenMB
by Gwen on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I'm sorry. :(  TTC is hard enough without pressure from family!

bann917
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 5:31 PM

like shes not upset but shes just letting us know she cant wait to be a grammy

1amazingfamily
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I'm sorry...TTC is hard...unfortunatly!  :(

Lorraine182
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:22 PM

It's good she is excited but I get how that can be hard to hear when you've been trying so hard.My MIL isn't thrilled that we are trying for another one (our son is 5).

Camsmommy12
by Christina on May. 1, 2012 at 7:18 AM

My mother in law sounds that way :) Before our honeymoon she said .. i am not getting any younger.. start making me some grand babies lol :) I have posted about my dh and his injury to his testicle.. so we have odds against us ... but we are waiting for a year or so if no luck were gonna go to the doctors.. good luck :) babydust!!

pedsnurse21
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:51 AM
I am sorry. TTC is hard enough, family pressure makes it worse. No on knows the rights things to say I wish they would keep comments to themselves. My family.finally does. My landlord on the other hands nags me to have a baby all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Wow sorry hun you guys will get that positive.
My mil is the opposite she fringes at the idea of us expanding our family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bann917
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM
Quoting pedsnurse21:

I am sorry. TTC is hard enough, family pressure makes it worse. No on knows the rights things to say I wish they would keep comments to themselves. My family.finally does. My landlord on the other hands nags me to have a baby all the time.

Ur landlord? That's odd
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN