Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TTC after Mirena and a D&C

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hi all,

I got married in May of 2011, had my Mirena removed in October 2011, was pregnant in December of 2011, then had to undergo a D&C in February of 2012 because everything was there but the baby. I am just wondering if anyone has gone through this or anything similar after a Mirena. February was a horrible time for me, and I reallyyyyy want to have a baby with my husband (we both have kids of our own) yet I am still really nervous about something bad happening again. Any advice?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs.seri
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM
I had mine removed in October 2011. I had an early miscarriage on Christmas day. Then march 12th, I found out at 12 weeks I lost my baby. I had to have a d&c. I am on cd 13 of my 1st cycle since my surgery. I am so scared of something happening again. This will be my 5th child and my husband's first bio child. I want more than anything to have a baby with him. Good luck mama, I know how it feels!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe42081
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Welcome to the group! I had my Mirena taken out last September. Last cycle I had a chemical. Only advice I can offer is to just keep at it & keep the faith! I recently started temping/charting & added preseed & supplements to balance my hormones out. If you aren't charting yet I definitely suggest it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mama_Chels
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I'm getting mine taken out in October. I never thought of a mc after having it removed. I had a mc before I got pregnant with my daughter & my doctor said more than likely I won't have another one. Now I'm scared!

Lorraine182
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I had my Mirena removed 10-21-10 and got pregnant a week later with double blighted ovums,We have been TTC since 2-2011 with no luck.

Always_April
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:37 AM
I had the metal for a yr then the mirena for a yr had them taken out in 2010 got pregnant sept 2011 it did have a heartbeat but at 10 weeks lost the heartbeat, so in my case I was able to get pregnant with a baby just lost it due to stress
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Artillwife01
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I had mine for just barely over a year then got pregnant 4 months after having it removed and then had an early mc. I'm on my first cycle since the loss. Good luck and keep your head up!

acreaton
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I have had mine out since Feb 2012 (I know not long) I've had 2 full periods since then and no baby, We have been using the home ovulation kits and for some reason its not picking up my ovulation days. I use them once a day now since I've had my first period (since I became pregnant in 2009 with our beautiful now 2 yr old) and its not picking up my days...idk maybe i'm not ovulating since I had one overary removed when I had my daughter (C-Section) and my remaining overay they took a golfball sized syst off, the dr told me they couldn't say if they damaged my only overary or not...idk maybe I need to give it more time to get my body back on track and get the hormones out of my system or what! Good Luck to you all!!

mommybell04
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM

hi , i am in the same boat that you are in. I had the mirena removed in jan, got pregnant in march, just had to have a d & c DUe to no heartbeat. im am so down and trying to figure out when we can start trying again. i really wanted our baby. sorry for your lost im here to talk..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN