Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

$90 for WHAT?!?! !@#$^&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@

Posted by   + Show Post

I will be 5 weeks preggo tomorrow and I have been sick almost 24/7 for about a week now and I called my OB because my 1st appt isn't until May 30th. They said they would call me in a prescription for Zofran. I got to Walmart to pick it up and they want $90 for 20 PILLS!!!!!!!! That's WITH my insurance!!!! Does anyone know of a safe nausea med that is cheaper and works? I didn't want to take any sort of drug while preggo but I can't even keep water down! Maybe it's my hormones but this is ridiculous to me!!! Help? Advice??

~Chelsea

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
cdjmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM

This sounds a lot better! I have low blood sugar anyway, so I am used to feeling a little nauseous but this is like 10 times worse!! I am in no way complaining!! I will take morning sickness from now until the day I deliver a healthy baby!! I just need to be able to function lol I do have a 3 and 2 year old haha!! But Thank you ALL for your fast, educational, and encouraging responses! I love each and every single one of you!!!

Quoting Blest3:

U could try a combo of Benadryl and vitamin B-6. It's the same as what the presciption they used to give for morning sickness. Also try to keep ur blood sugar even for nausea control by eating often and think protein and carb balance. But the main thing is EAT even though u don't feel like it. An empty stomach will only make u feel more nauseous. Keep raisins or crackers by ur bed and if u hav to use the potty n the night, eat a little and also first thing n the am so ur blood sugar doesn't get so low. Hang in there! This too shall pass. Hugs!

cdjmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Oh and this WAS the generic! LOL crazy!

LovelyLauren55
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I took b6 and unisom, helped alot 

try that first?

autum713
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Emetrol it's safe to use and is over the counter. I took if for the first 6 months did to severe morning sickness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdjmommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:19 PM

Also what doses of Benadryl and B-6 do I take?

Quoting Blest3:

U could try a combo of Benadryl and vitamin B-6. It's the same as what the presciption they used to give for morning sickness. Also try to keep ur blood sugar even for nausea control by eating often and think protein and carb balance. But the main thing is EAT even though u don't feel like it. An empty stomach will only make u feel more nauseous. Keep raisins or crackers by ur bed and if u hav to use the potty n the night, eat a little and also first thing n the am so ur blood sugar doesn't get so low. Hang in there! This too shall pass. Hugs!

leletucker86
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

There are prenatals that come with B-6 to help with nausea. 90.00 is crazy! I got mine from CVS and only pay 5.00 for it.(generic brand) My doctor advised me not to take any otc meds for nausea cause its not safe while pregnant. 

reubchels
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Unisom works great and I think it was either B6  that my dr made me mix with it. When that didn't work she gave me Zofran but my insurance pay 100% good luck. 

MrsParsons11
by Nicole on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:57 PM

this

Quoting leletucker86:

There are prenatals that come with B-6 to help with nausea. 90.00 is crazy! I got mine from CVS and only pay 5.00 for it.(generic brand) My doctor advised me not to take any otc meds for nausea cause its not safe while pregnant. 

Blest3
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM
I think Unisom is the same as Benadryl. I'm not certain of the dose, but u could start with what it says on the box. I'd probably take it toward evening, cause it will make u sleepy. As for the B-6, probably no more than 500 mg/ day. Time released is best, but u will need a prescription for that. Good luck! Sounds like u have some options!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
szimona
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I would not take any other medicine nor benadryl while pregnant! Try calling around for cheaper zofran!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN