Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Concerned im missing my chance -.-

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 11 Replies
So, DH and I have had sex everyday day this cycle except today and yesterday. I'm on CD14 and I noticed I had EWCM earlier today and tonight. He's sound asleep though and had a bad day at work so doing the BD tonight just isn't going to happen. Will two days between BD ruin out efforts? Or am I just being crazy? TTC has definietly put me on the path to insanity!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vcaulkins
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:11 AM

nope, those spermies can live up to 5 days, you definitely have a chance! FX for you! ;)

LovinMyBoys0509
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, I hope those little guys are hanging in there! Lol, thank you :)

Quoting vcaulkins:

nope, those spermies can live up to 5 days, you definitely have a chance! FX for you! ;)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Well having sex every day can be just as bad as not having enough sex. The recommended times to have sex while TTC is every other day to give sperm time to reguvenate and be of good quality. It can be hurting you to have sex every day so it will be fine.

StephanieB2
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM
I've actually read that's not true. I read having sex every other day will produce more sperm but, having sex every day produces better sperm. Quality vs quantity type situation. I dunno.

Quoting EAzizM:

Well having sex every day can be just as bad as not having enough sex. The recommended times to have sex while TTC is every other day to give sperm time to reguvenate and be of good quality. It can be hurting you to have sex every day so it will be fine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EAzizM
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:51 AM

My doctor told me it was the other way around so Ill go with that. But every man and the quantity and quality of their sperm is different.

Quoting StephanieB2:

I've actually read that's not true. I read having sex every other day will produce more sperm but, having sex every day produces better sperm. Quality vs quantity type situation. I dunno.

Quoting EAzizM:

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 1, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Sperm typically stay alive in the vagina/uterus for 3-5 days............you'll just have a higher change of conceiving a girl if you do ovulate today or tomorrow is all!!!

GL hun

LovinMyBoys0509
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:33 AM
My doctor told me when I was trying to conceive my last child that as long as DH doesn't have a low sperm count that sex every day was fine. We've been doing it every other day for a few months with no luck, so we thought we'd try every day and see how that works. However, I am getting tired of sex lol so next month we'll go back to every other day. Thanks for the advice :)

Quoting EAzizM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovinMyBoys0509
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
That's great news actually because we have two sons and REALLY want a little girl lol. Thanks :)

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Sperm typically stay alive in the vagina/uterus for 3-5 days............you'll just have a higher change of conceiving a girl if you do ovulate today or tomorrow is all!!!

GL hun

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mzfiremoon
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I read that, that is only true in couples where the male has low sperm count. Otherwise its perfectly fine to have sex everyday.  I however believe that every other day is just fine as well..

Quoting EAzizM:

Mrs.Hansen2011
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I would try to bd if u can. If not hopefully there are sperm in there still from when u last bd. And...U are not alone!! I feel like ttc is bringing out the CRAZY in me too!!! lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)