Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am 19 years old, me and df have our wedding date set for may 25,2013. He is 23 btw. We have been together since i was a sophmore in high school. We moved in together a week before i graduated. I started working when i was a sophmore in high school until my job recently burned down. So im currently looking for a job. Df has a 40 hr/week job as well... We complete eachother and i couldnt imagine living my life with anyone else but him. I feel like society says we cant get married and have children at a young age. As most women arent having there first children until they are in their 30's these days and not getting married until late 20's.

I would like to know your ladies honest opinion on couples who are young and are trying to concieve.

by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
zanana
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM
if u think u can handle it go for it. I married Dh when i was 17 and he was 19 i am now 24 and finally feel ready for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on May. 1, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Im very sorry for your losses. you are a very strong woman. I hope you get your wish soon :) lots of sticky baby dust to you :)

Quoting Kayla2013:

ive been ttcing since i was 18. that was with my ex. and now df and i are ttcing for 2yrs. i am 21 he is 20. been together for 5yrs(complicated) but living together for 3yrs engaged for 2yrs. our wedding is a spur of the moment cause of family health issues on both sides. i just bought my dress sat. i have lost 4 babies and no living children. both of us work decent jobs. we live with my mom because the house is too big for her by herself. i see nothing wrong with us young couples ttcing.

Kayla2013
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:12 AM
thank you! baby dust to you as well!

Quoting TTC1Nicole:

Im very sorry for your losses. you are a very strong woman. I hope you get your wish soon :) lots of sticky baby dust to you :)

Quoting Kayla2013:

ive been ttcing since i was 18. that was with my ex. and now df and i are ttcing for 2yrs. i am 21 he is 20. been together for 5yrs(complicated) but living together for 3yrs engaged for 2yrs. our wedding is a spur of the moment cause of family health issues on both sides. i just bought my dress sat. i have lost 4 babies and no living children. both of us work decent jobs. we live with my mom because the house is too big for her by herself. i see nothing wrong with us young couples ttcing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pedsnurse21
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this
You have to do what is best for you. I wanted to start my family young started TTC at age 23, but still TTC #1 at age 35. People do not know when to stay out of others business.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashermeta
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:12 AM
I'm 19, so is 21. We've been together 5 years. One loss, and praying a sticky baby comes asap. My doctors are very understanding thank god. As long as your heart is in the right place I think its fine! Gl:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicole.Brown
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 19 TTC with my fiancé :)

Quoting TTC1Nicole:

I am 19 years old, me and df have our wedding date set for may 25,2013. He is 23 btw. We have been together since i was a sophmore in high school. We moved in together a week before i graduated. I started working when i was a sophmore in high school until my job recently burned down. So im currently looking for a job. Df has a 40 hr/week job as well... We complete eachother and i couldnt imagine living my life with anyone else but him. I feel like society says we cant get married and have children at a young age. As most women arent having there first children until they are in their 30's these days and not getting married until late 20's.

I would like to know your ladies honest opinion on couples who are young and are trying to concieve.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amandaxshawn08
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Heyyy. My hubby an i got married when i was 17 and he was 20.

Were now 21 and 24. Still together, still married... Have a lil boy. And i soo badly want another baby...

Idgf what people think of us. We love each other and thats that. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candis06
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I married my HS sweetheart and we had our first when we were 20. Some people are ready for it, it's up to you. I grew up fast and at 18 I was more responsible than most 30 year olds. So I'm just saying it's up to you and your DF if you feel you are ready. I'm now 26 and we're ttc #3

Firemanswife723
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I see absolutely no issue with it. I believe for the most part, depends on the 19 yr old. I know a couple who are not ready to settle down at all! Yet, I know 1 who seems like she's 28 already! Everyone is different! Not to mention, all the cute elderly couples we see that have been married for 70 years, most of whome all got married at 18 or 19!!! If not a little younger. Yet they still did things with their lives and lived them to the fullest! Unlike a lot of people now a days. Most are so busy, they forget to slow down and "smell the roses" so to speak. It's sad.  I do think it's horrible that society has so many mean things to say to the younger generation who wish to have families young. But ultimitely, doesn't matter what anyone else says. Only you can know in your heart and gut that you're ready!!

Best of luck to you and DF!! :)

ProudMama1125
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 9:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello! I don't believe that you're too young at all. As long as you're responsible and understand that a baby is a blessing... then go for it!

We were blessed with our first son shortly after we both turned 21. My DH and I have 2 wonderful little boys and didn't get married until Sept 2010. We've been together for 7 1/2 yrs. You don't have to be married to be awesome parents.

Good luck and Tons of Babydust!!! Stick around and ask questions... the women on CafeMom are simply wonderful =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured