Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Belly rubbing by strangers?

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 22 Replies

So I was just wondering how y'all feel about strangers rubbing your baby bump. I've never been pregnant before, but I know I'm not gonna handle it well...lol. How do you/would you ladies deal with it or handle it? 

by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

So I was just wondering how y'all feel about strangers rubbing your baby bump. I've never been pregnant before, but I know I'm not gonna handle it well...lol. How do you/would you ladies deal with it or handle it? 

No stranger better touch my belly lol I would say please do not touch me I do not know you. That would be so weird. It is bad enough everyone in your family and dh's family is going to be rubbing it all the time but for a stranger to do that it just isnt happening.

pryn4amiracle
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way...lol. The distance between my fam and DH's family is gonna prevent belly rubbing...haha (mine live in Europe and his in another state), but I'm sure there are gonna be friends that will want to do that. I won't mind it a few times, but not all the time. 

Quoting hypnautica:

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

No stranger better touch my belly lol I would say please do not touch me I do not know you. That would be so weird. It is bad enough everyone in your family and dh's family is going to be rubbing it all the time but for a stranger to do that it just isnt happening.

fostermomoftwo
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM

oh its sooo annoying, speaking from my bfriend and sister..i was a witness to it many times and its just creepy, no one likes it unless its friends of family, but strangers heck no..just plain old creepy

mrsniebo
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I'm not big on people, especially strangers, getting within my personal bubble when not invited. During my pregnancy with DD, though, not only did strangers not try to touch my belly, but I didn't even look pregnant until I was nearly 7 months along with the way I carried DD. It was only about the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy that I started looking pregnant more than just fat.

ballerina18
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM

When I was pregnant that never happened to me. It would definitely make me feel uncomfortable!

pryn4amiracle
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:41 AM

I agree.

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

oh its sooo annoying, speaking from my bfriend and sister..i was a witness to it many times and its just creepy, no one likes it unless its friends of family, but strangers heck no..just plain old creepy

pryn4amiracle
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I hope I'll be lucky enough for that not to happen to me. I think I'd flip out if someone tried to do that....lol

Quoting ballerina18:

When I was pregnant that never happened to me. It would definitely make me feel uncomfortable!

ballerina18
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:45 AM

I think if a stranger were to ask me if they could feel my belly (like if it was an elderly woman) then I might be willing to let them. However, there is just no excuse for random people to just reach out and creepily rub bellies! LOL

Everyone I knew told me to watch out for belly rubbers when I was pregnant so I think I was surprised that I didn't meet any crazy belly rubbers. LOl!

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

I hope I'll be lucky enough for that not to happen to me. I think I'd flip out if someone tried to do that....lol

Quoting ballerina18:

fostermomoftwo
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM

ya between me and my hubby i doubt it would happen, im would be in mama bear mode lol. and  hubby is protective already i can only imagaine once i have his child growing in me.

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting ballerina18:

pryn4amiracle
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM

lol, my DH is the same. He'd never let anyone touch me :)

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

ya between me and my hubby i doubt it would happen, im would be in mama bear mode lol. and  hubby is protective already i can only imagaine once i have his child growing in me.

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting ballerina18:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN