Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

So the Dr. called

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM
  • 14 Replies

about my High FSH level it's at 11 - what does it mean, is it treatable, will i be able to conceive??

so many questions so little answers...any of you laddies have high FSH levels?

please, if you don't mind sharing your story it would be greatly appreciated :)

by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HJMF
by JoAnna on May. 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bero2007
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM

I don't think I've ever heard of FSH levels..hopefully someone here has a good answer for you. Did they say those levels were bad for TTC?

szimona
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM
It seems very elevated! How old are you if i may ask?
jlvanhorn
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM

actually your levels aren't high.. The normal level of FSH in a menstruating woman lies between 5 and 25mIU/ml. If the level is higher than 25, then the woman is in the peri or premenopausal stage, while she is menopausal, if the level is around 50.

so if  your level is 11 then your fine

TTC2Long
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM
This. :)

Quoting jlvanhorn:

actually your levels aren't high.. The normal level of FSH in a menstruating woman lies between 5 and
25mIU/ml. If the level is higher than 25, then the woman is in the peri
or premenopausal stage, while she is menopausal, if the level is around

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ellemoro
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM

thanks you have reassured me :) i didn't know what to think and my doctors appointment is only in 3weeks - i was panicking

Quoting jlvanhorn:

actually your levels aren't high.. The normal level of FSH in a menstruating woman lies between 5 and 25mIU/ml. If the level is higher than 25, then the woman is in the peri or premenopausal stage, while she is menopausal, if the level is around 50.

fatpretzel
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I actually got the same call from my Dr this morning - high FSH 15 when she said 10 was normal - and I have been doing internet research which is a little alarming... they want to retest me to be sure.

Did you blood test more than once?

ellemoro
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM

she told me the exact same thing for 11, that 10 was normal. i have an appointment with a fertility dr. in 3 weeks - i'm guessing they will retest me then. it was my 1st blood test.

what else did she tell you - if you don't mind me asking? and how old are you?

Quoting fatpretzel:

I actually got the same call from my Dr this morning - high FSH 15 when she said 10 was normal - and I have been doing internet research which is a little alarming... they want to retest me to be sure.

Did you blood test more than once?

fatpretzel
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Well that was the frustrating thing - it was actually the Dr's Assistant who I spoke to... I was like "what does that mean?" and she was just like that means "you might need a little help" hmmm

I did some internet research and what I read ranges from you may even have trouble doing IVF - to changes in diet and taking fertility meds and/or supplements can definitely help - so who knows. 

11 doesn't sound too bad though - and they might need to retest - I have to wait for my next AF to have the blood test. She did say that it can fluctuate.

SOOOO... I have been a little anxious/upset today but we shouldn't jump the gun and get too crazy right? :) wait to talk to your Dr and see what you can do.

I am 37 btw - been ttc for about 9 months now.

RedHairRocks
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Glad someone responded because I didnt know what FSH was!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN