Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How does your OB or midwife treat you?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM
  • 3 Replies

I have had a bad experience with one midwife while trying to conceive our first child. She was very nice on the first visit but she got worse and worse as time went on. I eventually dropped her and found a new office and doctor. And wouldn't you know it, the minute I switched from her i got pregnant.We moved to a new state and I had to find, yet again, another doctor to go to for my prenatal care. He was really controlling and "old fashioned". Anytime I would try to talk he would cut me off. He was also impatient. He actually did deliver my baby but it wasn't the best experience I could have had.

I really want to find a new OB doctor that actually listens to me and is kind and caring. I don't want someone that is so burned out with his/her job that they just stop caring. I need to research doctors in the area soon because if I do get pregnant I need somewhere to go.

10 year old and 3 month old...it doesn't get any better than this!big smile mini

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
pedsnurse21
by on May. 2, 2012 at 4:50 AM
My team of doctors are great...one even texts me to see how I am doing each cycle since I have been going to the REs office not hers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheyAreMyLoves
by Shantelle on May. 2, 2012 at 6:32 AM

my first OBGYN was a complete asshole. 

He treated me like shit and talked down to me.

When i only breast fed for 6 weeks because i had horrible PPD he called me a quitter.

needless to say...when i got pregnant again i didn't go back to him....i got a new OB who is still my dr. He's like a friend and i'll never switch. 

Terri1985
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:09 AM
First ob i had was a major ass very old fashioned he refused to talk to me because i wasnt married his nurse did all the talking. He was rough and callous as well during my exam even tore me during my pap swear i was 12 weeks at the time. When i called about bleeding he called me a baby. I switched in a hurry. My ob which i have had for the past five years is amazing and so are his nurses. They do everything they can for you. Never ever gonna switch lol he is a younger doctor. Very laid back and will answer any question and do what he can to help and soothe. My fam loved him so much when he delivered my son they all go to him now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)