Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Cycles, weight loss, and pcos

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM
  • 7 Replies
First a bit of background- I have pcos and am on metformin for years. Dh has sperm issues-count, motility, and form. RE has said there is basically no chance of conceiving on our own. Dd conceived through ivf, one failed cycle after, no frozen from either cycle. I am 28, dh is 30.

I have been following a low cal diet with VERY slight exercise for around a month. I typically have regular cycles. I am currently on cd37, 7 days late for af. I am fairly certain I ovulated, I at lest had a pos opk. I tested yesterday and got a bfn. I used a store brand blue dye test.

So what do you ladies think? I know diet can change your cycle, but I'm not doing anything drastic, not like I'm on a 500 cal diet, lol. I also now it's possible to get false negatives (unlikely I know, but possible), and odds are (slightly) higher of a false negative with pcos. My currently plan is to wait approx 1 more week and test again, then wait another week if need be and call the doctor.

So...whatcha think??

Thanks!!
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cnlsmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:38 AM
Just for the record I am down to 160 from 172 at 5'1" in about 2 months, so, safely losing weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:42 AM
Sorry, forgot to add I am symptomatic- low back pain, breast pain, shooting pains in breasts and uterus, frequent urination, am nausea, extreme fatigue, increased vaginal secretions and swelling, and (way tmi), hemorrhoid from dd is back (only ever had it with her and went away right after delivery). I know some of those symptoms can be psychosomatic, but some I don't know how they could be...

Thanks again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 2, 2012 at 8:37 AM

What cycle day did you get your positive opk on?

It is possible you O'd later than you thought since we can gear up to O & then not O right then for some reason, but still O later.  One cycle I got a positive opk on CD13 but didn't O until CD16 - which is out of the normal 12-36 hour window.

False negatives are actually fairly common.  They happen because you tested too soon usually.  I had a BFN with DS#2 on a Saturday & got my BFP 2 days later.

I think your plan sounds good.

I also don't think that losing the weight you did at the rate you are would legnthen your cycle.  I'm not an expert on that, though.

cnlsmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Positive opk on cd15, usually ovulate on cd16.

Thanks for your input!

Quoting GwenMB:

What cycle day did you get your positive opk on?

It is possible you O'd later than you thought since we can gear up to O & then not O right then for some reason, but still O later.  One cycle I got a positive opk on CD13 but didn't O until CD16 - which is out of the normal 12-36 hour window.

False negatives are actually fairly common.  They happen because you tested too soon usually.  I had a BFN with DS#2 on a Saturday & got my BFP 2 days later.

I think your plan sounds good.

I also don't think that losing the weight you did at the rate you are would legnthen your cycle.  I'm not an expert on that, though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Bump for the evening crew's input! :-) thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnlsmommy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:31 AM
And af made her appearance! I knew getting my concerns out would make it come! Always does, lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bumblebee705
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I just wanted to say that weight watchers has really worked for me. Was skeptical at first, but the pounds really do come off. I'm down 74. Lbs in 15 months. My cycle was very irregular before losing weight. And went to very regular after I lost some weight. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)