Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Looking for tips

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM
  • 1 Replies

My soon to be husband wants to start trying to conceive asap after marriage. He is older and has controlled diabetes type one. I have irregular periods. Looking for tips on how to make conceiving easier.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 2, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Quoting auntkk1984:

My soon to be husband wants to start trying to conceive asap after marriage. He is older and has controlled diabetes type one. I have irregular periods. Looking for tips on how to make conceiving easier.

First I would go to my gyno and asked to be put on something like Provera to get your periods normal. Then once your cycles are back to normal I would get some ovulation test strips and a thermometer to keep track of your temps. You can go to fertilityfriend.com and input your temps there. Also look into getting the book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility". This will also teach you how to check your cervix and cervical fluid if this is something you are willing to do. These would be my first steps. After trying for a year with no luck then it is time to move onto testing hormones, tubes & uterus as well has having his sperm checked. You may also ask once your periods are normal if they will try Clomid. Some docs will do it before a yr of trying and some will make you wait a whole yr before they give you anything like that but it is worth asking. GL and hope you get a BFP soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN