Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Early dark bfps and sticky bean or multiples?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM
  • 6 Replies

So I have been seeing so many bfps I was wondering if early bfps like 9dpo and then dark test lines like the control line mean high hcg levels for a sticky bean or multiples?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BabyDust77
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:24 PM
I was wondering this as well. Today af was due, and i tested for fun (got my bfp april 27.) The test line was darker than control. Also, when i had my pregnancy confirmed the lady at the clinic told me thats the earliest shes seen anyone test positive inthe seven years shes been there. Have my first ultrasound next week.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

egrzesik91
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2012 at 1:27 PM

I had a dark positive at 10 DPO. I am only having one, just the fetus implanted on about 5 DPO- unlike what others on here have said is possible....

Mrs.Hansen2011
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM
I have always wondered this too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisB0107
by Billine on May. 2, 2012 at 2:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Not necessarily. So far it looks as though mine is a singleton, I've had numerous u/s already, and my hCG numbers quadrupled. With that being said...it would explain why my 10dpo evening hpt came out ridiculously dark... and I got a bfp at 9dpo. Plus, I could have implanted earlier. There are a lot of factors, but high hCG levels and dark hpts, early on, are definitely not indicators of a multiple pregnancy. I would only expect that you have a very strong pregnancy.

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 2, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Apparently you have higher hcg levels with girls as opposed to boys, too.  So perhaps a darker line or higher hcg level just means you're having a girl.

kelli1973124
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:09 AM

dont think it mean twins..i have had early bfp before, wasnt twins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)