Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Metformin success stories??!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM
  • 3 Replies
Anybody?! My doc. just prescribed this for me today!
by on May. 2, 2012 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
marie4546
by on May. 3, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Anyone?!
screamykittycat
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I'm on Metformin and I'm always looking for success stories.  I don't see a lot of them though.  

A body can take a long time to build tolerance for Metformin and reach a full dose, and after the full dose is (finally) reached, my doctor said it can take up to six months for the affects of the medication to start balancing ovarian function.  So, it's not as easy to get a success story like with, let's say, Clomid, which will aid in acheiving pregnancy in about a month.  If a woman gets pregnant while taking Metformin, she may not know whether it was the medication or not.

I've been taking Metformin for a couple months, and taking a full 2000mg dose for a couple weeks. I've been following the diet prescribed to me by my doctor and dietician for PCOS and Insulin Resistance for a tad over one month and I've already lost 16 pounds.  I'm still not pregnant though.  

So, here's a bump for you because I want to hear success stories too.  Good luck!

mrswilson10
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I was just put on metformin about 2 weeks ago. I was told to wait on the babies...to try to get my blood sugar lined out. I have already lost around 10lbs. Watching my carbs is working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN