Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How do you know you are ovulating?

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM
  • 7 Replies

My cycles tend to be 30-32 days, except a couple months ago I had one weird 40 day cycle.

When I notice a lot of EWCM when I wipe, without fail AF arrives 14 days later. Even when I had the one 40 day cycle, I found EWCM exactly 14 days before. That is how I knew I was just late, not pregnant.

My question is, are these things a sure sign that I am ovulating every month? Because I was just reading about something called an anvolutory cycle and it said you can get AF but not ovulate. That startled me a little, now I want to make sure I'm ovulating instead of just assuming as I have been all this time!

I haven't been very good at charting my temps properly. I did take it the morning the day or of the day after I spotted the EWCM and it was higher than usual, by about a whole degree. But now it is as low as before. AF isn't due for two more weeks.

When AF starts again I will chart correctly (unless I got pg!). In the meantime if anyone can help me out here I'd appreciate it.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:01 AM

My body gives me signs. Normally egg white cervical mucus, a high open soft cervic, cramping. A positive ovulation tests, and then a rise in my temps. Last month I had this confirmed with a blood tests (if all else fails this is nice LOL) Good Luck

chrissydan
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:04 AM
I did charting and opks so i would suggest if you cant do charting do opks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hildar
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:13 AM
I always get cramps on my left abdominal side plus positive opk. My ob said that if a women doesnt ovulate there is no way on getting af. And if you ovulate you will get af if not pregnant. Maybe ur just ovulating late? Try using opks those help answer ur questions.
Mama2JoshKatie
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Whenever I use OPK I never seem to get a positive. I was using them when I got pg with my DD and I never got a positive then either, but obviously I ovulated. So I don't know.

TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on May. 3, 2012 at 2:41 AM

i honestly never knew when i was O'ing. No real noticable EWCM, no real cramping maybe here and there, i never checked my cp even though im probably going to start. I just o'd on cd26 confirmed by temping. But i would have NEVER thought i O so late.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 3, 2012 at 4:09 AM

I find a combination of things works best for me..........I check CM/CP daily which tends to be accurate mostly for me, EWCM means ovulation within about 48 hrs usually for me, also I use a fertility scope to check saliva ferning patters & I use OPK (which dont seem to work for me lol) plus I do BBT. I also have O pains most months. I find with a combination of these methods I can pinpoint my O within a day at least.

I have PCOS & a history of anovulatory cycles so I am always paranoid about making SURE I ovulate LOL, I struggled getting pregnant for 20m with my 2nd because I didn't know I wasn't ovulating or why my periods weren't coming on a regular basis. Once I figured it out I got help & got pregnant. I am hoping to conceive naturally again but if I stop ovulating then i'll use clomid. No sense in trying & stressing if you arn't even ovulating is my theory.

GL hun

Juno34
by on May. 3, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Your temperature will increase right after you ovulate. If you have ewcm you are probably fertile. The best way to tell is to check your temp every morning right when you wake up. If your temps are on the low side and you have ewcm you are likely still fertile and have not o'd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)