Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

thyroid, parathyroid, and PCOS problems..

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM
  • 5 Replies
Morning ladies

I have a unique situation and wondered if anyone had any insight on my problem. I was dx with PCOS about 15 years ago. I've never tried to get pregnant because of all the difficulties that I would need to go through plus the relationship I was in wasn't good. I figured if God wanted me to have a child it would happen. So now to add to the problem I had my thyroid taken out and my parathyroids were damaged in the surgery causing my calcium levels to crazy. Thankfully it seems like I got those levels under control.

Does anyone have a similar story? If you do have you got pregnant?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hypnautica
by Jennifer on May. 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM

BUMP!

skmehlebam
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM
I don't have pcos but I had my left side of the thyroid removed because I had a 3+cm complex cyst that was a follicular growth determined by the needle biopsy. So instead if wondering if it was cancer, I had it removed and it was not cancer. Still have my right side thyroid but I am pregnancy induced hypothroid now. The ent warned me about the calcium complication but I didn't get it.

I got pregnant using natural progesterone cream but that's because I had low progesterone causing a lpd. This issue started long before my thyroid surgery. I had the surgery Oct 24 2011 and I got pregnant dec26 2011. I'm so tired and a part of me wishes I waited longer until I wad more healed from the surgery.

My issues are different from yours exactly but I wanted to share just in case I can help in any way. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daisymae0
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM
Thanks for the info.. every bit helps..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 4, 2012 at 6:23 AM

I have PCOS and have had 4 pregnancies (3 living children).............2 pregnancies were conceived with a round of clomid after months of anovulatory cycles!!!

I know ttc with PCOS can be difficult but if you get to know your body & have a good OB/RE on your side it usual is possible.

GL <3 wish you the best.

daisymae0
by on May. 4, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Aww thanks..

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

I have PCOS and have had 4 pregnancies (3 living children).............2 pregnancies were conceived with a round of clomid after months of anovulatory cycles!!!

I know ttc with PCOS can be difficult but if you get to know your body & have a good OB/RE on your side it usual is possible.

GL <3 wish you the best.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)