Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

The gym? Before/During pregnancy?

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM
  • 29 Replies

If you are or when you do become pregnant will you continue to excersise/go to the gym??

I recently got a membership to the gym (we thought we were done having children, we have two, and I just couldn't go through with getting my tubes tied, so needless to say we are TTC #3).   I LOVE LOVE LOVE my zumba and step kick classes but I'm not sure if they are still safe during pregnancy or the TTW??  Does anyone know?  Do you plan on continueing to excersise/go to the gym???

I'm thinking about gifting my membership to my husband so he can start using it cause there is no reason we should pay the fee every month if all I can do is walk on the treadmill when I can walk around our subdivision.  

by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe42081
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:18 AM
Not sure about the 2ww but I do know that any excersize you did BEFORE you got pregnant is safe to continue doing while pregnant. I worked at LA Fitness while pregnant with #2 & my doctor encouraged me to keep working out! & I did! They just don't want you to start anything new that your body isn't already used to. I'm pretty sure working out during the 2ww is fine too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe42081
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
You just need to make sure your body temp isn't getting too high.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:19 AM
I worked out before ttw, during ttw and now I'm pregnant.

Go for it.

I do zumba etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Hansen2011
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Im bad!! w my first I worked out all the time!! Now...not so much :( Im worried when I do get pregnant I will nevet look the same after. I think its worth it tho. Plus I can always work on my body after I guess.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe42081
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Yes, you can!! It took me 2 years to get back to pre pregnancy weight after #1 & again after #3!

Quoting Mrs.Hansen2011:

Im bad!! w my first I worked out all the time!! Now...not so much :( Im worried when I do get pregnant I will nevet look the same after. I think its worth it tho. Plus I can always work on my body after I guess.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1amazingfamily
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:06 AM

That was my goal getting the gym membership I weighed 120 when I got pg with DS#1 and then I got pg with DD #2 and needless to say I'm now at 160.  :(  I wanted to get back to at least 130.  I was waaayyyy to skinny at 120 (size 1) but I would like to get back down to 130.  I also had joined a gym when we were trying for DD#2 and i dropped 10 pounds which apparently helped with Oing cause as soon as I dropped the 10 pounds I got pg...

You can do it it just takes lots of hard work (my problem is finding time to go to the gym between hubby and the kids scheduals).  My husband and I every morning started going for a mile walk/run.  We go at the kids pace.  They ride their bikes and we run.  

Quoting bebe42081:

Yes, you can!! It took me 2 years to get back to pre pregnancy weight after #1 & again after #3!

Quoting Mrs.Hansen2011:

Mrs.Hansen2011
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Ill just have to work hard but Im ok w it. Did it get harder w each child?

Quoting bebe42081:

Quoting Mrs.Hansen2011:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina18
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:36 AM

I did ballet and pilates 5 days a week consistently until I was 8 months pregnant with my first daughter. If I get pregnant again I will definitely make sure I am working out at least 5 days a week again. =)

ballerina18
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. With my first daughter I was 115lbs and almost 4 years later I am 160lbs. And I'm not even pregnant yet! Lol! I don't have an excuse. haha. I would also be happy at 130lbs. I eat healthy. I just don't workout at all. =/

Quoting 1amazingfamily:

That was my goal getting the gym membership I weighed 120 when I got pg with DS#1 and then I got pg with DD #2 and needless to say I'm now at 160.  :(  I wanted to get back to at least 130.  I was waaayyyy to skinny at 120 (size 1) but I would like to get back down to 130.  I also had joined a gym when we were trying for DD#2 and i dropped 10 pounds which apparently helped with Oing cause as soon as I dropped the 10 pounds I got pg...

You can do it it just takes lots of hard work (my problem is finding time to go to the gym between hubby and the kids scheduals).  My husband and I every morning started going for a mile walk/run.  We go at the kids pace.  They ride their bikes and we run.  

Quoting bebe42081:

Quoting Mrs.Hansen2011:

nangel4u
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:08 PM
I read online that you should do light workouts like just walking during the ttw so that implantation can successfully happen....doing to much can cause in a early miscarriage ....I read this through yahoo news
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)