Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

BFP after miscarriage *Update*

Posted by   + Show Post

Four weeks ago I had a miscarriage and this morning I took a test and it was +.  I was criying and shaking with excitement.  I had no idea what was going on with my cycle, plus dh and I barely bd so this really is nothing short of a miracle.  Prayers this baby will stick.  I go in on Mon and Wed for bloddwork to check my numbers.

**Thank you all for your well wishes! Did blood work yesterday and midwife was very surprised that we got pregnant two weeks after miscarriage!  Beta HCG and Progesterone numbers are looking good and didn't need to go agian unless I wanted to.  Next appointment end of May for ultrasound.  Good luck and lots of baby dust to you all**

by on May. 3, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (11-16):
mandybimama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! Sending lots of sticky dust your way!

sm12
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I was planning on testing but I have been having symptoms which could have been either pregnancy or AF but something in me told I am and to test.  Boy was I shocked! -  When one miscarries so early as I did it's called a chemical pregnancy and there is no harm in trying immediately.  In fact after a miscarriage one's body is more fertile than normal but this lasts only for a short time.  I had no idea when I ovulated and we went not really trying like the first time.

Quoting KRE1234:

Congrats! what brought you to decide to test? --I mean 4 weeks post miscarriage wise? Just courious.

Firemanswife723
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I know......ugh. haha

Quoting sm12:

Thanks honey!  Now just waiting for Sat ;p

Quoting Firemanswife723:

woohoo  STILL so excited for you!!!! :D

KRE1234
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM

yeah I was just wondering as this last month I too miscarried (my second miscarriage--took us a little over a year to concieve this last time) and was just curious if you had signs or if you just wanted to test to see or what. I bled for about a week 44 days ago and had spotting 33 days ago for 4 days and have not seen af, but I'm going to wait until 37 days since the second bleed time to test as that is the longest my cycles have gone...but I don't want to get my hopes up by testing and seeing that negative. so I was just curious on what brought you to test.

Quoting sm12:

I was planning on testing but I have been having symptoms which could have been either pregnancy or AF but something in me told I am and to test.  Boy was I shocked! -  When one miscarries so early as I did it's called a chemical pregnancy and there is no harm in trying immediately.  In fact after a miscarriage one's body is more fertile than normal but this lasts only for a short time.  I had no idea when I ovulated and we went not really trying like the first time.

Quoting KRE1234:

Congrats! what brought you to decide to test? --I mean 4 weeks post miscarriage wise? Just courious.

pedsnurse21
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Congratulations. Happy and healthy pregnancy and baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jmanek
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats. Lots of sticky dust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)