Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

cramping question ***update with a question***

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hey ladies! Sorry if this is a repeat queston...I couldn't find an answer. I don't track my temps, take any ovulation tests or use charts. I just do an ovulation calendar. According to my calendar, I am fertile starting this weekend. Dh and I have been intimate these past few days. especially last night. Today, I have af-type cramping, shoulder and lower back aches. I usually don't cramp unless it's pms which occurs the week before af. is this a sign of ovulation? Af is expected may 22.

UPDATE WITH A QUESTION: I'm just wondering if anyone has had cramping last more than 3 days? I did it turn out to be cysts? What were your exact symptoms? I'm going to make an appointment with my gyno tomorrow and I'm worried :(

I am now on cd13. Most of the cramping is on my lower right ab.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mandybimama
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It might be, Id keep BDing just to be on the safe side. Good luck!

bebe42081
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Very good chance that it is! When I ovulate I get crampy for a few hours and I even get sick to stomach and often end up throwing up. Everyone has different O symptoms.

I suggest you start temping and charting at the least. The apps & calendars are based on the average cycle. Most women won't O the same day those calendars say they will. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mz.juice23
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Can't hurt to BD some more :) Try temping next cycle if you don't catch the egg this time. It helps A LOT
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeckyBun
by on May. 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Thank you. It's starting to make me feel a lil sick. And the cramping is happening on my right side. A bit uncomfortable :/

Quoting bebe42081:

Very good chance that it is! When I ovulate I get crampy for a few hours and I even get sick to stomach and often end up throwing up. Everyone has different O symptoms.

I suggest you start temping and charting at the least. The apps & calendars are based on the average cycle. Most women won't O the same day those calendars say they will. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeckyBun
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanzi.farhan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

if your cycle is normal (regular) and u don't get much pain n cramps while AF...then it can't be the cyst...caz the most basic symptom of cyst is irregular cycle and extreme pain before and during AF

BeckyBun
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Okay thank you. It's just that I usually don't start pms till a week before af. And I have never experienced ovulation cramping before so I don't know how long that's even supposed to last.

Quoting tanzi.farhan:

if your cycle is normal (regular) and u don't get much pain n cramps while AF...then it can't be the cyst...caz the most basic symptom of cyst is irregular cycle and extreme pain before and during AF

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rubymomof1
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM
I am not sure but to me it sounds like O pain. I get sharp pain on either my right or left where my ovaries are. It is very uncomfortable and painful, at least I know I O'd. GL!
BeckyBun
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:40 PM
How many days does the cramping go for you?

Quoting Rubymomof1:

I am not sure but to me it sounds like O pain. I get sharp pain on either my right or left where my ovaries are. It is very uncomfortable and painful, at least I know I O'd. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rubymomof1
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:28 PM
About a week, the day of O it is the worst.

Quoting BeckyBun:

How many days does the cramping go for you?

Quoting Rubymomof1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN