Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

First Response Fertility Test, Anyone use one???

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM
  • 12 Replies

im thinking about purchasing it so i can take it on cd3 of my next cycle and i was wondering on the reviews about it. I know it only measures egg quality so it doesnt give a complete explaination just a part.

thanks in advance ladies =)

by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on May. 3, 2012 at 11:38 PM

BUMP!

nangel4u
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM

BUMP!!!! I was thinking about using one also but I have read so many negative reviews about it on walmart.com so...IDK

-Mommy-2-Three-
38+4 and only 5 days or less until Miss Auvriey will be here :)
Yesterday at 8:49 PM
by Kary on May. 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I got one free with a pack of FRER when TTC my daughter, I took it on CD3 & it was negative...............conceived 18 days later :)

I was on clomid when I took it too (CD1-5) which can increase the chances of FSH being high (causing the test to be positive)..............I just took it because it was free LOL

Its a little blurry, had it on facebook LOL

WenStew
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I have never heard of an over the counter fertility test, hmm, I'm going to have to look into that, thanks!!

I just got the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and so far it is so great! It detects when my high fertility and peak fertility are, so it does a lot of the work for me.. It is a little pricey (about 190) but so far  seems worth it!

GL!!!

MrsParsons11
by Nicole on May. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

ive heard that they were kinda junkie. i personally have never used one. my dr says its pointless to even bother with them only due to the fact that fsh fluctuates all the time and what is normal for one person isnt for the next. or what is high (bad) for one person is perfectly normal. 

TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on May. 4, 2012 at 2:18 AM

im on cd31 with my first month using the monitor. I received high from cd9 to cd24 and no peaks which i hear is normal for the first month. So hopefully i recieve a peak next month :) how many cycles have you been using the monitor?

and the fertility test is sold at walmart. there also is a at home fertility test for men as well but only sold at walgreens or cvs.

Quoting WenStew:

I have never heard of an over the counter fertility test, hmm, I'm going to have to look into that, thanks!!

I just got the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor and so far it is so great! It detects when my high fertility and peak fertility are, so it does a lot of the work for me.. It is a little pricey (about 190) but so far  seems worth it!

GL!!!

TTC1Nicole
by Nicole on May. 4, 2012 at 2:21 AM

its one of those things that i would try it just to see what the results were but i will do more testing with the doc. Just like the at home fertility test for men, i wouldnt really take the results to heart because they only check one thing, count. thats it and theres so much more to it then just how many sperm are there.

Quoting MrsParsons11:

ive heard that they were kinda junkie. i personally have never used one. my dr says its pointless to even bother with them only due to the fact that fsh fluctuates all the time and what is normal for one person isnt for the next. or what is high (bad) for one person is perfectly normal. 

RoseFlame
by on May. 4, 2012 at 9:34 AM

i took one and it came back in the normal limits, btw make sure you read the full instructions on how to use and read the results its a lot different than an hpt

DPDmom
by Sarah on May. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM
I wouldnt waste your money.. I bought some over the summer and the results came back that I had high levels ( the test line was darker then the control) So I got really upset, cried and couldnt stop being worried. I thought my eggs were going bad at a young age : ( Finally I went to the dr and got blood work done for FSH and it came back totally normal. My Dr said those things are silly and cause un needed stress. If you really want your FSH tested go to your Dr... BTW I did eventually get my BFP so my DR was right and that test was garbage.
WenStew
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

actually, I'm on my first cycle using it also! and I am going through the same thing, It had me first test on cd9 and said I had high fertility, and now im on day 14 and it is still saying high but no peak yet.. I have a feeling it will take a couple cycles to get to know my cycle length...

GL and keep in touch, I'd like to know how the monitor is working for you! :) FX for both of us ;)

Quoting TTC1Nicole:

im on cd31 with my first month using the monitor. I received high from cd9 to cd24 and no peaks which i hear is normal for the first month. So hopefully i recieve a peak next month :) how many cycles have you been using the monitor?

and the fertility test is sold at walmart. there also is a at home fertility test for men as well but only sold at walgreens or cvs.

Quoting WenStew:

GL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)