Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

HELP!! DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT HCG AND PROGESTERONE??

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW HIGH DOES UR HCG HAVE TO BE TO SHOW IN AN ULTRASOUND?? AND IS A PREOGESTERONE OF  8.8 REALLY BAD??  

by on May. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

usually once HCG reaches 1,000-2,000 mIU you will see a yolk sac on ultrasound, then once you reach 10,000 mIU you should see fetal pole/heart beat.

A progesterone level <20 in the first trimester is thought to be not optimal, however anything >10 is considered enough to sustain a pregnancy, 8.8 is low & I would highly recommend your OB puts you on progesterone suppositories now, until 10-11 wks.

On a positive note, my progesterone at 5.5w with my daughter was 6.5 & she is 10.5m old & 110% healthy now :) I was put on suppositories from 5.5-11 wks though. <3

diana0120
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:55 PM

OKAY, GOOD... I MEAN I AM STILL A LITTLE NERVOUS BUT, FEEL BETTER... MY HCG WAS 37 ON APRIL 27 WITH NO SAC NOTICEABLE ON U/S AND THEN APRIL 30 IT WAS 246 AND MAY 2 IT WAS 472 W/NO SAC ON U/S........THEY DID TRY TO TELL ME IT MIGHT BE TO EARLY OR ITS A TUBE PREGNANCY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.......I AM TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE.......THE DR. TIRED TO TELL ME THAT 8.8. isnt low that even if he gave me something for it there isnt a chance that it will make me from having a M/C...... I am changing drs......

skmehlebam
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Change drs..... i got my bfp at 9dpo...at 10 dpo my hcg was 18 and progesterone was 8.7. I have known low progesterone that was causing a lpd though. I started otc progesterone cream at 1 dpo then had my ob put me on 200 mg progesterone suppositories at 10 dpo. He is conservative as am I, and advised me to stay on them until 14 weeks to be sure the placenta fully had taken over.

Ive had 2 chemical pregnancies due to low progesterone, so your Dr is wrong. Progesterone Supp can and do save pregnancies with low p. I am now 20 weeks pregnant with my 4th baby, my second boy!! Never had low p with my other three kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diana0120
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:47 PM

yea, i read somewhere about that, thats why i asked him but he was like if its gonna be a miscarriage theres nothing u can do... i am like what?? so i am going to a different Dr. on Tuesday, its just so fraustrated that i have to wait another week to get anything...

Bero2007
by on May. 4, 2012 at 2:49 PM

When I was PG with my DS the dr said they would do an US at 2000 because generally you won't see a heartbeat before that. Once mine reached 2000 we did an ultrasound and you couldn't hear the heartbeat but you could see it. 8.8 is low if you are pregnant. I had mine drawn almost 2 weeks ago and it was 0.8 and my dr said they need to see 10 after O

diana0120
by on May. 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

thank you!!!!!!!!! I am trying stay relaxed...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)