Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

all the right reasons for another baby

Posted by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 8 Replies

me and my husband have been thinking of having another baby but im not sure if its what I want. we have a son that is 19 months old and hes alot to handle due to the fact hes into everything. i see other moms who have more then one kid and it seems to be hard to go do stuff with friends or even go grocery shopping... HELP! i would love to get some advice on is it a good idea to have another baby.?

by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommySwiggles
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 12:22 PM

There is never a "right" time.  My oldest two are 16 months apart.  At times it was hard but that was our life and we made it work.  They are best friends now and I wouldn't change a thing. I am due in a month with my 3rd and he will be just over 3 years younger than my second.  I am actually more worried now than I was before lol.  I'm not sure if we are going to have jealousy issues.  My 3yo is very much still a momma's boy.  But it is what it is and we will take it one day at a time =)

mommy091011
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I want another baby too and my son is only 10 months old. however, it helps if you develope a solid routine. YOU decide when breakfast lunch and dinner is with like a snak time in there. decide when its convient to have a "wear me out playtime" and then when nap time is and that will give you a lot of extra time. i have a routine with trent that allows me to go to bed anytime after 8pm or go out and that lets me wake up as late as 9am. i know how to wear him out right befor e bed and then fill him up and then give him a warm bottle that puts him right to sleep. i also encourage him to be independant which gives more than enough time to clean the house and drink my coffee, do the laundry and even just relax on the computer. not every mom aagrees with  me on my routine but it works for us. and he is the easiest baby in the world.

now i knwo when the next baby comes it will be every 2 hours of sleep for the 1st 3 months again but after that they should both be on the same routine and ill have all the time back that i want to get things done and even to go out with friends. also me and my husband both have an understanding that sat evening (after5pm ) is my time to go out if i need to- like to go shpping go see my mom or dad or just go out for the evening with friends. sundays are my days to sleep in though and sunday evening(really after like 12pm) is his day (we decided this for the football season reason). and we stick to it no matter what. even if we go out of town.

bebe42081
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM
If you don't feel ready u should go with your gut! You and DH are the only ones who will know of the timing is right or not.

But think about how it will be by the time a new baby is born. Your son will be older and quite possibly be ready and willing to help out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zanana
by on May. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
its a personal decision on whether or not u are ready. I want mine close in age so that i can deal with the diapers better. But that may change when i actually have kids. I am still trying for #1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dababiesdreams
by on May. 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I have 4 kids, averaging 2 yrs apart. I honestly don't see how so many people have issues taking their kids places but that's just me. You learn what works for you with each addition. Going from 1 to 2 is fairly easy because you have a hand for each.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
riatutu
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Thanks so much on the advice. Ill still think about it. The idea of another baby might help my son calm down and have a best friend for life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Malayahsmom06
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:50 PM

My girls are 27 months apart. It was very difficult for me because I was a single mom at the time. Im married now and we are wanting to have a child together. The girls are super excited about the idea of someday having a little baby around the house, they are already practicing and we arent even pregnant yet! You definately have to go with your gut. Keep in mind for some people its easy going from 1 to 2, for some it is difficult because of jealousy issues depending on how your child reacts. If your husband is helpful around the house and with the child you have now, that makes a big difference.

EAzizM
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM
That decision is one only you can make since you will be the one to deal with it. If you are doubting yourself then better to wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN