Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TTC after being on depo...need some advice plz

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM
  • 11 Replies

okay so me and my boyfriend are ttc but i think it's not going to happen like we want it to. we want our kids to be close in age and we already have a son who is five months old. i got on depo in january and and my next shot was april 3 but i didn't get it and it was my 1st time being on depo. i didn't know that it takes a while to get pregnant after you been on depo, something that the doctor didn't tell me. anywho, we been busy every week ttc and still no luck, i'm getting worry that maybe that depo shot did something to me. i don't know what esle to say or do but we're not giving up. i think i'm just going to make a appointment to see another doctor. has this happen to anyone before?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
For some women it can take anywhere between 6 months to a year for the body to start working like it should. My cousin used depo for 3 years after her first son and got pregnant witg hee second a month after getting a new shot. So it really depends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe42081
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
It took 6 months for me to conceive dd#2 after coming off depo. You just need to give your body more time to adjust & your hormones to level out, it hasn't been long at all. That is probably exactly what your doc will tell u! I suggest you start temping & charting to get to know your body! We are on cycle 8 after getting my IUD out & my hormones still aren't right! GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladiishawn22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:54 AM

thanks alot :)

Quoting Seximama23:

For some women it can take anywhere between 6 months to a year for the body to start working like it should. My cousin used depo for 3 years after her first son and got pregnant witg hee second a month after getting a new shot. So it really depends

Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM
No problem. I bled for 4 months straight streaky last depo shot

Quoting ladiishawn22:

Quoting Seximama23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladiishawn22
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:10 AM

wow really i only bled for one or two weeks after stopping depo but it kind of look like AF was there too but i wasn't so sure

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting ladiishawn22:

Quoting Seximama23:

Lorraine182
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:22 AM

My friend was on depo for 10 (way longer than recomended) and it took her 2 1/2 years to get pregnant.

Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM
Yday my last shot was may 23 of last year it wore of July 19 I got the iud July 22 and bled until august 22 which then they put me on seasonique to.help.stop and I still flowed until Dec 4

Quoting ladiishawn22:

wow really i only bled for one or two weeks after stopping depo but it kind of look like AF was there too but i wasn't so sure

Quoting Seximama23:

Quoting ladiishawn22:

Quoting Seximama23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMama1125
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I was on the depo shot for almost 4 years. My last shot was 10/27/11.... I was due in for my next on 1/3/12.. I did NOT get it. Now, my af is all screwed up, I've gained weight, had sore breasts (TMI, sry), cramping, etc.... No real period yet and it's been technically 4 months of ttc... this is typical of the Depo. I wasn't told about all the crap that I'd go thru when stopping the Depo... if my OB/GYN had told me about the aftermath, I'd have never gotten on it in the first place. It's very frustrating, but I'm not giving up.. Good luck!

r_brooks86
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM
It took me 13 months from my last depo shot to get pregnant with my second but miscarried 4 weeks later, had another miscarriage 2 months later and just had my third miscarriage april 11th. i swore to my husband i would never get the depo shot again for the rest of my life...that one depo shot i got the day after i had my dd 20 months has messed me up! :( i hope you have better luck! baby dust!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani1009
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:28 AM
I've been off depo for 3 years, ttc for just over 2 years. We've had one miscarriage during this time. All fertility testing came back completely normal. But I know something is wrong. Whatever it is that depo does, is undetectable with fertility testing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN