Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Not stressing it DOES NOT WORK

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
& I really wish people would stop telling me that! My SIL came by yesterday & I had just got home with my OPKs, softcups, B6, & prenatals So I had them spread all over the bed & was looking through everything. She said you have to stop stressing you won't get pregnant till you aren't trying so hard! Oh Really?!! Really??? I'm so glad she told me that or I would have never gotten pregnant! UGH!!!!!!!

I told her I am not "stressing" (which I'm really not) I am just trying to do everything I can to give us the best chance possible. I also told her I have a LPD which she had no idea what it was but I said my hormones are too effed up to get preggo as is, I have to use this stuff or I will keep getting preggo, but lose every single one.

Now I am starting to regret telling anyone! I'm really going to start cussing ppl out when they tell me to stop trying so hard and then I'll get pregnant. I wish it worked that way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Mamie_85
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I am seriously going to smack the next person who tells me that. I spent 14 months so far "not stressing". Now, I'm starting to stress!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
baby dust to you. I hope you get you bfp soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Byrd15
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. We who are TTC always get those comments. "Once you stop trying it will happen. It's not your time. Blah blah blah." Just ignore them! It's not worth it, and they are just jealous. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ttc_mommy6
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't give up. And just know you will get your bfp. Your strong and take on anything. Just pick your head up and you'll do great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheli.bean
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I completely agree with you, but it depends on the person and it's totally none of their business how you decide to ttc. I ttc vigorously for 15 months and as soon as I gave up and started planning the rest of my life, I got pregnant, it worked for me. But my best friend took the relaxed approach for three years with no result. The month that she started temping and charting she got pregnant. It's different for everyone, and nobody has the right to tell you how to ttc. Good luck!!
RaynesMommy07
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Not stressing worked for me. Stress will and can hinder your body. The month I stopped stressing them is the month I got pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe42081
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
The thing is I am not stressing at all lol I am more excited about getting answers & being proactive!

Glad it works for some of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
destiny2nv
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:53 AM
Yep, 3 months after I stopped ttc, I was pregnant! I like to tell people to take a month or two break. I know how hard it is, but it can help.
However, everyone is different and nobody has any business telling anyone how they think they should ttc. Especially, if they have never had to ttc for long periods.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)