Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Help! Would you consider this an actual period?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
  • 10 Replies

Yesterday, I woke up with bright red blood... enough that there was some on my pad and a lot when I wiped. Then throughout the day it became less and less and turned into just some brown spotting. Well, today it is red again and the blood is there every time I wipe (with some little clots also) but it's not getting on the pad. Would you consider this an actual period? I have never had this happen before. I always have full force heavy periods but I have started using Provera to regulate so this is new to me.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep I would............my periods since having children are always light, i'm lucky to soak a regular tampon in 8 hrs!

JenMarie87
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Thanks. This is just weird to me 'cause I'm used to having super heavy periods where I soak a super tampon in like 1 hour. But I have taken Provera 2 months in a row now to regulate my periods (10 days each month) and last month I ended up not having a period at all and now this. I don't know. This is all new and confusing to me. lol

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Yep I would............my periods since having children are always light, i'm lucky to soak a regular tampon in 8 hrs!

Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Ok.i have to ask.this because I am a.dummy lol. What is different between provera and.depo provera?
Why does one start a period and.one.delays it if its the same hormone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenMarie87
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I *think* it is the same thing but the Provera is in pill form and it's a much smaller dose.

Quoting Seximama23:

Ok.i have to ask.this because I am a.dummy lol. What is different between provera and.depo provera?
Why does one start a period and.one.delays it if its the same hormone?

JenMarie87
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:06 AM

BUMP!

JenMarie87
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

BUMP!

JenMarie87
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:28 AM

BUMP!

JenMarie87
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:11 PM

BUMP!

angelbaby2002
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I have been on provera  to regulate mine and  the flow did change a little. Provera is nothing like to depo shot provera is  progesterone it helps with  ovulation and abnormal cycles . The Depo shot stops you from ovulating

AverysMom247
by on May. 5, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I would consider it my cycle, yes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)