Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Feel so bad for DH :( I feel like a failure!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM
  • 29 Replies

Saying my body is out of whack is simply an under statement. I feel like a complete failure! Only started having cycles since december. (First time in about 18 mns) 44 and 25 day cycles both annovulatory. Last cycle was a 39 day cycle and I ovulated. Now this cycle I am on CD29 and so far nothing. Last night I started spotting so I assumed AF was on the way and I had a 28 day annovulatory cycle again. I had another spot this morning and now back to nothing. I told Hubby last night my period was starting and he was kinda bummed. Then this morning when I told him that my period stopped he begged me to take an OPK because he thinks I am ovulating. (I WISH I was but I'm not. Its just my messed up body continueing to disappoint both him and I) He is such a sweetie and he is so carrying and understanding. And he and I both know it will happen in God's time. I can handle my own disappointment, I JUST CAN'T handle his. He deserves a wife that works right. I feel so bad for him :(

Ladies if this were your body and your cycle what would you do??? I started taking fertility blend a few days ago. And I really want to go the natural route, but I wonder if I should call my Dr and get prometrium to start my period or if I should just wait it out and see what happens?? Back before I started having my own cycles in Dec I was having weeks on and off of spotting. I mean I was spotting almost for a month at one point. So my Dr had me do prometrium to make my period start. I just dont know if I should what and see if the fertility blend does its job or what? And I dont know if I should continue taking OPKs? Hubby is begging me too, but I would hate to waste them on a body that obviously just isn't working :( What would you ladies do!

ITS Just one of those days when I want to curl up in a ball and cry! sad

by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe42081
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM
first off, BIG HUGS!! Second, I think if it were me I would call my doc and see about getting on meds to help. I understand you wanting to go the natural route but it seems as if you've waited long enough to me! I hope you start getting regular again soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhiannan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I agree with the first reply-see your doctor.  I've also started taking fertibella, and i've read posts on other forums of people who had luck regulating their cycles with it.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I believe fertilbell, fertilaid, and fertility blend are all very similar and have similar ingrediants. I called the manufacturer because I had some questions and the woman told me it has a high success rate but that it typically takes 2-3 mns to see a result, although I had read lots of reviews of people concieving in the first month. 

I know my Dr wants me on clomid and metformin but I was trying to hold off because I went through months and months on clomid and it never worked. It was heart breaking. But I guess I may just need to go that route!

Quoting lhiannan:

I agree with the first reply-see your doctor.  I've also started taking fertibella, and i've read posts on other forums of people who had luck regulating their cycles with it.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Thanks you sweetie. I feel so awful for him. He has started taking his herbal cocktail to help with his sex drive and he is super excited and hopeful it all works, but if I dont ovulate then I am afraid he will be so disappointed!!

Quoting bebe42081:

first off, BIG HUGS!! Second, I think if it were me I would call my doc and see about getting on meds to help. I understand you wanting to go the natural route but it seems as if you've waited long enough to me! I hope you start getting regular again soon!

I know, going on 2 yrs is a long time. And my biggest fear is that it will take longer then it did with my second which was just shy of 3 yrs. I think I am gonna give it until the end of May. If nothing happens then I will call my Dr and go ahead on the fertility drugs :( 

*UPDATE* I went to the bathroom and had some more spotting. I only noticed it when I checked my cervix not when I wipe. And instead of being brown this time it was actually red. (PLEASE let it be AF atleast AF is the end of this cycle and the beginning of a the next. A fresh start, and new hope!! (Sorry tmi) I will keep yall updated!!

FYI...I appreciate your support. YOur always extremely nice and helpful, and sweet. Thank you!! 

lhiannan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

There's also cassava supplements that supposedly give you higher rates of twins, as it supports hyper-ovulation.  It might help, it might not, just thought I'd throw it out there....{hugs}

Quoting NoraDun:

I believe fertilbell, fertilaid, and fertility blend are all very similar and have similar ingrediants. I called the manufacturer because I had some questions and the woman told me it has a high success rate but that it typically takes 2-3 mns to see a result, although I had read lots of reviews of people concieving in the first month. 

I know my Dr wants me on clomid and metformin but I was trying to hold off because I went through months and months on clomid and it never worked. It was heart breaking. But I guess I may just need to go that route!

Quoting lhiannan:

To one, it is ten years of years.... Yet now, and in this place, Surely she lean'd o'er me--her hair Fell all about my face ....Nothing: the autumn-fall of leaves.  The whole year sets apace.
(The Blessed Damozel~Dante Gabriel Rossetti)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Is this a herb?? Or a prescription? If you have a link or info I would love it!

Quoting lhiannan:

There's also cassava supplements that supposedly give you higher rates of twins, as it supports hyper-ovulation.  It might help, it might not, just thought I'd throw it out there....{hugs}

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

lhiannan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Cassava is a type of yam-there are nutrients in the skin that support ovulation.  here's a link:  http://www.foreverblessedtwins.com/

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

To one, it is ten years of years.... Yet now, and in this place, Surely she lean'd o'er me--her hair Fell all about my face ....Nothing: the autumn-fall of leaves.  The whole year sets apace.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Wow I definately want to try this now :)  Thank you for sharing!

Quoting lhiannan:

Cassava is a type of yam-there are nutrients in the skin that support ovulation.  here's a link:  http://www.foreverblessedtwins.com/

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

lhiannan
by on May. 5, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Yw :)  I would like to try it, but I think dh would have a heart attack if I did something to try for twins :P

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Well I really doubt I would end up with twins. But I dont think it would be awful if we did LOL. I will ask Hubby what he thinks when he gets up...He may say NO WAY too LOL

Quoting lhiannan:

Yw :)  I would like to try it, but I think dh would have a heart attack if I did something to try for twins :P

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting NoraDun:

Quoting lhiannan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN