Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Need advice! (upset about ultrasound) UPDATE!!!

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM
  • 9 Replies
2 moms liked this

Hello ladies,

I got my BFP 3 weeks ago, and I could not go to the doctor until my insurance started. Last Monday I was spotting just a little. I went to the ER. My levels where 11,800 so that puts me right at 6 weeks. During the ultrasound I asked the tech if I could see and she said yes, but she can't say anything. She turned the screen toward me and I ask if the little blink was the heart beat and she did her head up and down(yes). But the doctor told me the report said they where no heart beat found at this time. I saw my ob on Wed. My HCG level was over 14,000 they did not double, and the doctor said things are not looking good and he would have felt better if my levels where at 17,000 he id doing another ultrasounds on Tuesday. Do you think it was to early to see anything?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

I had my ultrasound today and I am very happy to say they seen a heart beat and I got to hear it for the first time. The heart rate was 135 and I am 6 weeks and 5 days.

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bchic24
by Tia on May. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I'm not sure I didn't get my first ultrasound until almost 9 weeks and he looked like a jumping jelly bean! I would just try not to worry too much until the next ulrasound....someone is wrong. GL

krysta.cole
by on May. 5, 2012 at 5:39 PM

If the tech said their was a heartbeat and you saw the flicker then I would say congrats. I didnt always have levels that doubled but I know that your numbers increasing are better than them decreasing. I would relax until Tuesday. Im 35 weeks along right now and from 5-9 weeks they didnt even see a baby in the sac and then boom 9 weeks 2 days, there she was :)

Zangum
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes 6 weeks is too early, sometimes not. With my dd, we went to the ER when I was 6 weeks b/c I was bleeding. Everything turned out to be fine, but during the U/S the nurse told us we may or may not be able to see baby. I was so happy that we did! It is very unmistakable...the heartbeat at 6 weeks looks like a tiny grain of rice beating. I don't understand why the nurse "wasn't allowed" to say anything. Ours told us exaclty where the heartbeat was. It was so cool to see her grow from that to a 9lb 3oz baby at birth :) (Yes, she was a big girl lol)

babyhope1811
by on May. 5, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Thanks I will keep everyone posted. I am hoping it was just to early to see.

Henrysmomma0915
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Most of the time doctors wont even do an ultrasound until 9 weeks because earlier than that the heartbeat can't always be detected.  GL.  I hope everything goes smoothly for you!

babyhope1811
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Bump!

feralkitten
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

great news

colbys_mom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:29 PM

im glad everything is alright. i hope u have an awesome and healthy pregnancy :)

jb0520
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Oh great news! Yay!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)