Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How do you check your cervix?

This is crazy to me how people can check their own cervix to see if they are about to ovulate...

please give me lots of detail on how to check this....I don't care if it's TMI....I MUST know this....

by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:54 PM
Replies (11-20):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Found a few more pics LOL

This is an example of a position that works well...which ever way you check however continue to do it that way because different positions will change the position you feel the cervix

Anyway those are some neat visual aids as far as difference in CP and CM. 

MasterAtArms
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for posting this, it certainly helps. I've always been baffled as to how people check their cervix position.

slittlefield920
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Right! I was completely baffled at how people were doing this! This is one of the most amazing pieces of information I have learned since being in this group! Glad it helped you as well!

Quoting MasterAtArms:

Thank you for posting this, it certainly helps. I've always been baffled as to how people check their cervix position.

Wintersdawn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM
Ahhh i wish i could do this but being weird, i CAN'T. :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 7, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Well I usually sit on the toilet when I check so that way I am always in the same position when I do (like when inserting a tampon)..............

Your cervix will feel like a donut sorta, you'll feel a indent near the center..............for women who have had previous children the indent might feel bigger than women who have never given birth!!!

When your cervix is in a high position it may be hard to reach with the tip of your finger & this typically happens right before ovulation & in pregnancy.................when your cervix is in a low position it may only be 3-4" inside & it common during AF.  When your cervix is firm it will feel similar to the tip of your nose, which is common most times during the month. When your cervix is soft it will feel mushy, like lips & this is common right before ovulation & at the END of a pregnancy.

When you are about to ovulate your cervix will typically be at its highest position, its most open position & its softest texture. After ovulation its normal to return to a lower, firmer & closed position (Even if conception occures).

Cervical position is not a reliable way to determine pregnancy, only ovulation! The changes the cervix undergoes during early pregnancy vary SO widely that it is in no way a reliable 'sign'!

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Being weird???

Wintersdawn
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Don't know if you read it but i have 2 cervix..

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Being weird???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Do you have 2 uterus? 

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Being weird???

Wintersdawn
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Yes

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Do you have 2 uterus? 

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Being weird???

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 8, 2012 at 6:52 AM

But one vagina? So you have uterus didelphys?

Such a rare & fascinating condition honestly..........its amazing how the slightest abnormality in a fetus development can cause such a thing!!! Why cant you check your cervix (s) though?

Is one of your uteruses dominant or can you conceive in both? Do you have 4 ovaries (2 to each) or 2 ovaries (1 to each)? Have you be able to tell if your ovulation cycles between the two or has your OB suggested you conceive in both at the same time?

Sorry so many questions, I am studying Pre-Med & I just find this really interesting!!! :-)

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Yes

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Do you have 2 uterus? 

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Quoting Wintersdawn:

Being weird???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)