Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Do u know the answer to this???

Posted by   + Show Post
so I'm 3 dpo I took my hcg shot 5 days ago so my question is my cervix is really soft... Is it suppose to be? I dnt kno to much of checking the cervix but I heard if ur cervix stays soft ur pregnant is that true? Thx ladies babydust to all of you :-)
by on May. 5, 2012 at 6:05 PM
Replies (11-20):
sissy852
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:59 PM

i dont know i wish i did

skmehlebam
by on May. 6, 2012 at 3:50 PM
I see what you're saying. That the hcg is tricking your cervix? Could be Hun!

I never checked cp but accidentally found it after I got pregnant when I was putting the progesterone suppositories up there at 4 weeks and my cervix was low and medium texture (kind of felt like my chin) bit even when it moved up ar around 10 weeks it was still softer than "normal". It was so low I could feel it with only half my finger inserted. So I def don't have the "classic cervical symptoms" of a pregnant cervix but I surely am pregnant! Good luck!
Quoting babydust_2011:

Good to kno thank you... Yea I figured it was way to early to tell. I just thought it was crazy how soft my cervix is and still is and feels high as well sooo I was wondering. I wonder if it's cuz the HCG shot? I took a OPK this morning and it's still showing positive and I got it last tues so I'm testing to see when he leaves my body

Quoting skmehlebam:

Ive read that a cervix can be soft and mine actually is as well. Not like lips soft but moderate soft. Definately not tip of my nose firm. I'm 21 weeks and my mfm Dr said he sees softer cerixs' all the time. Ive had mine measured several times and its good! Every women's cervix can ne different so you really cant go by your cervix to determine pregnancy. That being said, 3dpo is too early for pregnancy. It will take at least 6-10 days past o for the egg to implant.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babydust_2011
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 3:07 AM

so i have a ? about u taking progesterone suppositories. why r u on them is it cuz ur progesterone is really Low? 
Quoting skmehlebam:

I see what you're saying. That the hcg is tricking your cervix? Could be Hun!

I never checked cp but accidentally found it after I got pregnant when I was putting the progesterone suppositories up there at 4 weeks and my cervix was low and medium texture (kind of felt like my chin) bit even when it moved up ar around 10 weeks it was still softer than "normal". It was so low I could feel it with only half my finger inserted. So I def don't have the "classic cervical symptoms" of a pregnant cervix but I surely am pregnant! Good luck!
Quoting babydust_2011:

Good to kno thank you... Yea I figured it was way to early to tell. I just thought it was crazy how soft my cervix is and still is and feels high as well sooo I was wondering. I wonder if it's cuz the HCG shot? I took a OPK this morning and it's still showing positive and I got it last tues so I'm testing to see when he leaves my body

Quoting skmehlebam:

Ive read that a cervix can be soft and mine actually is as well. Not like lips soft but moderate soft. Definately not tip of my nose firm. I'm 21 weeks and my mfm Dr said he sees softer cerixs' all the time. Ive had mine measured several times and its good! Every women's cervix can ne different so you really cant go by your cervix to determine pregnancy. That being said, 3dpo is too early for pregnancy. It will take at least 6-10 days past o for the egg to implant.

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 7, 2012 at 5:20 AM

You arn't actually pregnant until implantation & that happens 6-12 dpo so if your cervix has remained soft 3 dpo then it doesn't mean pregnancy, its probably just still soft from ovulation ;-) checking your cervix can be a great tool for pin pointing ovulation but not reliable at all for determining pregnancy unfortunately.

GL hun

-Mommy-2-Three-
by Kary on May. 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Quoting tanzi.farhan:

i came to know that in pregnancy cervix remains stiff (hard) and high...maybe i am wrong ...lots of prayers to your way

This is true but not right away............your cervix will be softer at first (after implantation at some point until maybe 5-6 wks) & then it should firm up again & move to a higher position. If a women's cervix remains soft during pregnancy it can be a sign she will have preterm labor. Most women's cervix will begin to soften again anywhere from 32-40 wks to prepare for labor & dialation.

babydust_2011
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Quoting -Mommy-2-Three-:

Oh wow good to know
CartersMomma11
by on May. 8, 2012 at 4:08 AM
Go to prepforlabor.tripod.com it's helpful. Good luck
babydust_2011
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Quoting CartersMomma11:

Go to prepforlabor.tripod.com it's helpful. Good luck

okay ill go right now thank you

EAzizM
by on May. 9, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Your cervix cant tell you anything about being pregnant this early. AND it might be too early even for implantation.

MrsParsons11
by Nicole on May. 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine was like that both times I was pregnant. Once last june and last week with my chem. I was with both about 4-5 weeks. But just remember everyone is different. And its def super early. U won't be able to tell till around af.

Quoting tanzi.farhan:

i came to know that in pregnancy cervix remains stiff (hard) and high...maybe i am wrong ...lots of prayers to your way

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)