Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Hormones out of whack?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

Hi ladies!

I'm 30, my SO is 27. We have a 3 year old daughter. I removed my mirena on April 17th. I had a light, easy 8 day period. I ovulated on April 30. Two days after ovulation, things started going wonky.

2dpo: tightness in lower abdomen, bloating

3dpo: tightness, bloating, thick creamy cm

4dpo: see above. - constantly thirsty

5dpo: twinging in uterus, felt like someone was plucking my cervix. -constantly thirsty

6dpo: nausea! My favorite food made me heave as soon as I got a whiff of it. As did some chipotle sauce when I tried it....but salad went down fine. Not feeling ill in any other way. Still thick, creamy cm. Bright, bright yellow urine. - Constantly thirsty.

I know its too early to test. 

My question isn't as much a "Could I be pregnant" as - has anyone else went through funky pregnancy like symptoms after coming off birth control? Or does this really sound like a possibly pregnant thing?

by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
screamykittycat
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM
I've had pregnancy symptoms every single day. For over a year now. I have never been, and am currently not pregnant. When TTC it's better to not read too deep into every twinge and tic, because when you're aware of what the symptoms may be, it's very easy to get your hopes up. Easier said than done though. Good luck to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Its possible, I would be shocked. Mirena does whacky things to your body. It takes some women MONTHS to get things corrected. Hopefully thats not the case for you. All you can really do is wait and se ehow it goes. Test once AF is late. Good Luck

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I agree withh this too. What most women dont know is that the feelings they have after ovulation isn't because of pregnancy. Its because of the increase in progesterone which gives you symptoms such as cramps, nausea, bloating, headaches, tender breasts, even increase in urination. If more ladies undertsood this they wouldn't put them through so much added stress during the 2 ww!

Quoting screamykittycat:

I've had pregnancy symptoms every single day. For over a year now. I have never been, and am currently not pregnant. When TTC it's better to not read too deep into every twinge and tic, because when you're aware of what the symptoms may be, it's very easy to get your hopes up. Easier said than done though. Good luck to you.

Pepper1222
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I've read that too, and that's what I'm telling myself. I really want to wait like 2 months before we're actively TTC. My body is going nutso on me though, and it has me freaked out. LOL

bebe42081
by on May. 5, 2012 at 9:55 PM
I had my Mirena removed sept of last year & I am still working on getting my hormones straight! I have 3 dd's from a previous marriage and never had problems getting pregnant with them. Hang in there, we will get our BFPs eventually!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pepper1222
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I have to say, I honestly wouldn't mind if it took a year for me to conceive. I'm willing to TTC now since my SO wants another one, but I think financially it would be much easier if we had another close to or after my DD is 5.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)