Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Just Starting TTC I have some questions if anyone can help?

Posted by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
  • 4 Replies

My husband and I are trying to concieve we've only done a little research on getting pregnant but could def use some help.

-What's the best way to track my O?

-How do you know when to try?

Our son was a complete surprise so now that we are trying offically would love to know that we are going about it the best way to get a BFP.

Thanks

by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 5, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I suggest the book "taking charge of your fertility" You can get it for like $15 from amazon.com. It explains everything you need to know. Its a fantastic book.

The best way to track O is by taking you basil body temp and charting. Around O time your cervix becomes high soft and open. You can check this by inserting two fingers while squating down. If you open your fingers while they are inserted and then close them you will grab cervical mucus. Your most fertile is similar in texture and consistancy as egg whites. Its clear shiny very stretchy and abundant. If you track your temps by taking it first thing in the morning before even raising your head off the pillow then you will see a shift in your temps about 14 days before your period is due that will confirm ovulation. If you have regular cycles it may take only bedding 14 days before AF is due. But if your cycles vary this may not cut it. There is a ton of information all of which is given in the book I shared with you. Oh OPKs are good too! Good Luck

Neelyttc1
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:36 PM
My NP told me to use clearblue digital opk since its hard for me to track my O... I have been using those going on 2 months now and hoping for a BFP this month!
And she was really pushing prenatals before ttc so your body can be in its best shape for the baby.
Mrs.Hansen2011
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM
Hi...I too would suggest charting your bbt. Also you can use ovulation predictor kits! Welcome to the group :)
ashley22608
by on May. 5, 2012 at 11:45 PM

thanks will def look into tht book. my AF is pretty regular so hopefully tracking my O wont be that difficult. I was never sure if the OPK's worked well but will def look into tht as well. I've heard about doing the BBT a lot so I'm gonna try tht as well thanks ladies for all the advice I really appreciate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)