Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

We're going to try again! Some questions...please, no bashing

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello all!

DH and I fell pregnant in October of last year only to loose our little Angel in december. Ive waited the obligitory 3 months and finally feel healed enough to try again. We will probably start in the next month or two. Here's the reason Im not jumping on the bandwagon this cycle...

When I had the loss in December, I resorted to smoking ciggaretes again. It's terrible, I know. I had quit for a REALLY long time. I was at such a low place in life. Then my father almost died in March and was in ICU on life support for 2 weeks. I had to travel to the US, (I live in Poland now) and help him for a month. I was 7 days into quitting when I got the call from my aunt that he might die and I needed to come. That quitting trial went to crap.

I have been smoke free for 2 days now, chewing the nicotene gum. Im going to make it this time. My question is.....now that Ive quit, when should I start TTC again? When is it safe? I dont want to risk another MC.

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BeckyBun
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your loss! exact with me. I mc at 7 weeks in dec. officially ttc last month. I'm an occasional smoker. My gyno says I don't smoke that much to where it's bad but I did stop as soon as I saw my bfp. Heck, my friends smoked during their pregnancies and had babies. But hey...to each their own. But anyways, I suggest you ttc as soon as you're up for it! My gyno says ”get right back on it”. Haha. Btw, congrats on quitting and gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsSexyCurtains
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say it's safe to try now. My bff and her sister smoked through all of their pregnancies. They're children are fine but I couldn't do it, anyways smoking is not for me.

I'm sorry about your dad and gl ttc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amc103
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Thanks Becky Bun! Im also sorry for your loss. :-( Its so hard. Congrats on continuing your ttc journey! I like the sound of your gyno! :-) Keep us posted as to how things go! I find hope in you! <3

Quoting BeckyBun:

I'm sorry for your loss! exact with me. I mc at 7 weeks in dec. officially ttc last month. I'm an occasional smoker. My gyno says I don't smoke that much to where it's bad but I did stop as soon as I saw my bfp. Heck, my friends smoked during their pregnancies and had babies. But hey...to each their own. But anyways, I suggest you ttc as soon as you're up for it! My gyno says ”get right back on it”. Haha. Btw, congrats on quitting and gl!

amc103
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM

thank you! It's been a rough year so far. I just found out that my dad is BACK in the hospital, (thankfully not ICU again) and that he may have cancer. :-( Ive decided that I just need to move forward with my life. Thank you for the input and the advice! I think it will have to be next cycle because Im pretty sure I just missed O'ing, lol. It's good though I think-I was still smoking 2 days ago. :-)

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

I would say it's safe to try now. My bff and her sister smoked through all of their pregnancies. They're children are fine but I couldn't do it, anyways smoking is not for me.

MrsSexyCurtains
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Yeah we had two miscarriages two years ago and just started ttc a sibling for dd(she's 5). Hubby was deployed for a year after those two miscarries so we feel now is a good time to try again.

My aunt has ending stage 3 breast cancer. It was almost stage 4 but she caught it and is now in chemo. My grandma had colon cancer so it's scary to know your family is suffering from it. I hope you get your bfp soon!

Quoting amc103:

thank you! It's been a rough year so far. I just found out that my dad is BACK in the hospital, (thankfully not ICU again) and that he may have cancer. :-( Ive decided that I just need to move forward with my life. Thank you for the input and the advice! I think it will have to be next cycle because Im pretty sure I just missed O'ing, lol. It's good though I think-I was still smoking 2 days ago. :-)

Quoting MrsSexyCurtains:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)