Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

My chart!

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
  • 9 Replies

I am 6dpo. Does you temp have to drop for implantation? I know it will probably be a few more days just curious what to keep a look out for :) I appreciate an advice!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Seximama23
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:17 AM
If you have been charting your temperatures, then you might notice a slight shift during implantation. Some women will chart a slight drop in their BBT as the egg implants, that drop would then be followed by a third tier rise in temperature. This would be the body responding to an increase in progesterone. It is common for women to experience a dip in their temperature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 11:22 AM

It can drop, but its doesn't nessesarily mean implantation. Many women see a drop and are not preggo, so its not a good indicator of pregnancy. At this point your looking for 18 temps above your cover line. That is a better indicator of pregnancy (although still not a way to confirm)

yngmomma21833
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:26 AM

My temp, in past charts, seems to stay above coverline till the day before AF. Such a pain. 

tanzi.farhan
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM

agreed!

Quoting NoraDun:

It can drop, but its doesn't nessesarily mean implantation. Many women see a drop and are not preggo, so its not a good indicator of pregnancy. At this point your looking for 18 temps above your cover line. That is a better indicator of pregnancy (although still not a way to confirm)

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Thats good

Quoting yngmomma21833:

My temp, in past charts, seems to stay above coverline till the day before AF. Such a pain. 

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 6, 2012 at 1:04 PM

You may or may not have a temp drop with implantation.  If you do have a temp drop, it may or may not be related to implantation. The triphasic pattern sometimes is an indication of pregnancy, but it isn't always.  lol  Charts aren't that helpful for seeing pregnancy until we get to 18DPO!  Most of us test long before that point.

Your temp should stay above the coverline until AF is coming, so what you are seeing with it staying up until the day before is good.

lovinmyboys265
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:46 PM

This is my Bfp chart... I got my Bfp at 9 dpo.. My temp dropped at 5 dpo and went back up at 6 dpo..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yngmomma21833
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Quoting lovinmyboys265:

This is my Bfp chart... I got my Bfp at 9 dpo.. My temp dropped at 5 dpo and went back up at 6 dpo..

Oh thanks! Congrats on you BFP!! Happy & Healthy 9 months to you! If that was implantation of your chart it happen early in your lp. That gives me some hope since I have a short lp.

lovinmyboys265
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:04 AM
Thank you! Good luck :)

Quoting yngmomma21833:

Quoting lovinmyboys265:

Oh thanks! Congrats on you BFP!! Happy & Healthy 9 months to you! If that was implantation of your chart it happen early in your lp. That gives me some hope since I have a short lp.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)