Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

can you ovulate "early" and

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
Still have a longer than average cycle? I have been kind of crampy today but i am only on cd 7 or 8 and usually i have 32ish day cycles. Could i be ovulating earlier in my cycles? According to ovultion calenders it should be the 10-15. This may be dumb but i am curious if this could be ovulation pain? I am not using opks or temping or on any meds. Tia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Wintersdawn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Bump. Anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebe42081
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Normally a woman's LP is pretty much the same length every cycle, no matter when she O's. So if you were to ovulate early you would have a shorter cycle. It's probably possible to still have a longer cycle but very unlikely.

This is to the best of my knowledge anyways lol. I would def suggest you start doing something to track O, like temping, using OPKs, or checking cm or cp! HTH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wintersdawn
by on May. 6, 2012 at 4:15 PM
I have been watching cm but as for cp i am at a loss. I have 2 so I am unsure as to how to check and which one i would be checking! Its called didelphys i have 2 uterus cervix all that jazz. But i think ill start the temping

Quoting bebe42081:

Normally a woman's LP is pretty much the same length every cycle, no matter when she O's. So if you were to ovulate early you would have a shorter cycle. It's probably possible to still have a longer cycle but very unlikely.

This is to the best of my knowledge anyways lol. I would def suggest you start doing something to track O, like temping, using OPKs, or checking cm or cp! HTH!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisB0107
by Billine on May. 6, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Your body could have geared up to ovulate...not succeed, and therefore is either trying again, or you ended up ovulating late...which would put your period late as well. Ovulation calendars aren't reliable at all. That's going by what day you "should" ovulate. You could have a 30 day cycle and not ovulate until CD18 and have a 12 day luteal phase. 

faithdeb
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I've never heard of didelphys but what I read off mayclinic's website, is it possible that you can ovulate twice in a cycle?  I'm not sure but I'd ask a doctor since it is so rare to have didelphys.

I used calendar method to get pregnant with my first two kids but its a lot harder to know exactly when you are going to ovulate without temping and charting.  The site most people on here use is http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ and they also have a course so you know what to do.

BeckyBun
by on May. 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM
Looks like you may be my cycle buddy! I'm on cd 13 and also have a 32 day cycle. I've asked the same question. I am having cramps and shoulder pains. Most of my comments told me it was O cramps. I don't temp or chart either. But I surely did BD just in case. Lol. My calendar predicted I would O on the 10th. I'm keeping my eye out on cm this time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)