Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Shorter cycle (24/25) days and Leutal Phase Defect? :(

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so here I am reading my life away online and finding info that worries me.

I normally have a 24/25 day cycle on average and usually get a positive OPK on cd 12. I think that I O SHORTLY after that...I am worried about that not being enough time.

Anyone have a shorter cycle and a 10-12 day leutal phase and had a healthy pregnancy? Need lots of hope!

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
jdixon12
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

nothing to worry bout sweetie.I have been a 25 day cycle for the last 5 yrs,with a luteal phase of 14,usually have the O on cd12 and my last pregancy was twins naturally with short luteal phase.

Good luck

skmehlebam
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

10 is on the low side but 12 is ok. A true LPD is anything below 10 days. If you want to boost your LP, use progesterone cream starting at 1dpo (3dpo if you're more comfortable) and quit use if you haven't got a bfp by 13-14dpo. If you do get a bfp, continue use until 12-14 weeks... My ob has his patients use progesterone until 14 weeks to be safe :D

As long as you temp and can confirm ovulation, it's safe to start the cream that early in you lp. You just don't want to start the cream prior to ovulation because it can delay or prevent O from happening at all. Your chances of pregnancy are higher the sooner you start the cream in your lp.

I had a lpd because my lponly ranged between 7-9 days long and I got pregnant the very first month using the progesterone cream :D So mine was more severe than yours, so I then went on prescription progesterone 200mg suppositories after I got my bfp since my progesterone levels were so low. Good luck!

BabyFruit Tickerpregnant

slittlefield920
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:44 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)