Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

no AF for almost 8 weeks, positive hpt x9, negative beta, what the world is going on???

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM
  • 14 Replies

the post describes my last cycle of ttc. i have yet to get my period. beta showed hcg of less than 1. going nuts waiting on doctors appt on may 9th. we would like to go back to ttc but af has disappeared for close to 8 weeks. uggggghhhh! i feel like time is just wasting away. surrender

by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skmehlebam
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Um, did you test with blue dye? Blood test doesn't lie... faulty hpt or user error??.... Sounds like an anovulatory cycle though, since your blood test is neg. If you temped you'd know more about what your body is doing right now, but from the sounds of it that's what I guess.

BabyFruit Tickerpregnant

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 7, 2012 at 9:25 AM

You had 9 positive home pregnancy tests but a negative blood test?  I wonder if the blood test could be wrong.  I'd ask for an u/s!  Good luck Wednesday!

emtmomtwo
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:27 AM

no. they were all pink dye tests.........heres a pic of one but this is what they all looked like. needless to say, we were heartbroken. the lines showed in the time line and are the same color as the control line. However , 

emtmomtwo
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:28 AM

i do know there is no way i am pregnant. im just having a bad emotional day. im so tired of the bfns, and then when i get a positive, something is wrong and its not real.

emtmomtwo
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Gwen......yes that is correct and no bleeding or spotting. my hcg was less than 1, therefore there is no way it was a chemical. the tests were bought at four different walmart stores.

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Did you get the same brand?

I'm no expert on HPTs, but I wonder if those lines are evaps.  In which case, that brand of test is rather awful & should be avoided at all costs!

skmehlebam
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I've seen this result on this test many times lately. I'm sorry but this is an evap :*( Faulty test... The line isn't thick and it's more to the right of where a bfp line should be.  Seeing how it's been so long since your previous af, I still vote annovulatory cycle. The dr can give you some meds to jump start a new cycle but def be 100% sure before you take that step. Maybe try 1 more blood test, just to be safe. Good luck. 

Quoting emtmomtwo:

no. they were all pink dye tests.........heres a pic of one but this is what they all looked like. needless to say, we were heartbroken. the lines showed in the time line and are the same color as the control line. However , 

BabyFruit Tickerpregnant

emtmomtwo
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:38 AM

all the same test....first signal from walmart.....i definitely will not be using them again. cant handle anymore heartbreak.

emtmomtwo
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:40 AM

and if they are infact colored evaps that showed within time frame and then i got 9 in a row, the tests should be pulled off the market.

mama91605
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2012 at 9:49 AM
I agree they should be. Gl.

Quoting emtmomtwo:

and if they are infact colored evaps that showed within time frame and then i got 9 in a row, the tests should be pulled off the market.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)