Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

imagining lines.. not sure on what to think.. i inverted it,

im 10 dpo and now imagining lines. i have no usb cord so posting pics is out of the question and cant use my phone cause it only allows me to post onto FB.

I dont really see anything but sometimes in the light i can see a pretty much invisible line if that makes sense lol. its a dollar store test.

im going crazy!

i inverted it a see a second line but what does that mean? does every test have a second line when you invert it?

k im doing my own experiment since no one wants to answer! you no how many months ive been on here helping everyone out, and just this one time i need some help and set of eyes and no one, go figure right? *sigh*

by on May. 8, 2012 at 3:32 PM
Replies (21-30):
Rose87
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:13 PM
And inverting is not tweaking it. It's just flipping colors.

Tweaking is more of playing with contrasts and brightness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaynesMommy07
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM
It looks like its a smeared color line fk me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EMMYBEARSMOMMY
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:28 PM

good luck!

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:33 PM

thats what I thought too when I first saw it. Hope this is it for you though OP! keep us posted!

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM

actually it is. :0) tweaking is defined as making a minor alteration and if you adjust or "tweak" any part of the test, I.E make it brighter, darker, bring out the contrast, sharpen, invert. etc that's tweaking it. If you adjust the picture in any way there are chances of seeing things that may not always be there. Now in the case of there being a visable line, tweaking then is making the line darker for more to see easily or to "make it pretty" as us HPT tweakers would say.

Quoting Rose87:

Rose87
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, so please don't take this the wrong way. PLEASE be careful when you "tweak", and especially invert HPT pics. If you take a picture of a negative test and the camera picks up an evap, it will show up as grey pixels in the photo. Even if you look at the picture and you can't see them, they may be there. If you darken the photo, adjust the contrast, and like I said, especially invert it, it will show up. I've seen so many pictures on here where there isn't anything there, but then it's tweaked and it really does look like a line. There will be a line on an inverted image on A LOT of BFN photos. It breaks my heart to see so many women get their hopes up because the tweaked picture looks positive. And trust me, I've been there. I was a POAS addict and I convinced myself that I saw a line almost every time. And now there are websites that invert pics for women. I never visited any of them, but I'm scared so many women are thinking they're pregnant because of these inverted pictures, but they're really not! And I REALLY hope the websites are not charging money to do this, because that would just be WRONG. 
Like I said, please don't take offense to this, I'm just trying to be honest. And I don't want to see any of you get hurt.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

actually it is. :0) tweaking is defined as making a minor alteration and if you adjust or "tweak" any part of the test, I.E make it brighter, darker, bring out the contrast, sharpen, invert. etc that's tweaking it. If you adjust the picture in any way there are chances of seeing things that may not always be there. Now in the case of there being a visable line, tweaking then is making the line darker for more to see easily or to "make it pretty" as us HPT tweakers would say.

Quoting Rose87:

Pregnancy

HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I agree with you 110% on that. :0)

Quoting Rose87:

I don't want to hurt anyones feelings, so please don't take this the wrong way. PLEASE be careful when you "tweak", and especially invert HPT pics. If you take a picture of a negative test and the camera picks up an evap, it will show up as grey pixels in the photo. Even if you look at the picture and you can't see them, they may be there. If you darken the photo, adjust the contrast, and like I said, especially invert it, it will show up. I've seen so many pictures on here where there isn't anything there, but then it's tweaked and it really does look like a line. There will be a line on an inverted image on A LOT of BFN photos. It breaks my heart to see so many women get their hopes up because the tweaked picture looks positive. And trust me, I've been there. I was a POAS addict and I convinced myself that I saw a line almost every time. And now there are websites that invert pics for women. I never visited any of them, but I'm scared so many women are thinking they're pregnant because of these inverted pictures, but they're really not! And I REALLY hope the websites are not charging money to do this, because that would just be WRONG. 
Like I said, please don't take offense to this, I'm just trying to be honest. And I don't want to see any of you get hurt.

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Quoting Rose87:

fostermomoftwo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM

ya i cant see any smeared lines. looking at the test now with my eyes its pretty easy to see a line with color..

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

fostermomoftwo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

i know the test is old now but hubby and I can clearly see a line with color- which would be what you were able to pull but who knows right.
im just the crazy lady!! LOL

Quoting fostermomoftwo:

thank u!!! i sure hope your right ;)

i did a experiment and used another one just with water and interverted it and so no line like on the ones i tested on showed up at all. the ones i interverted all had some light color but really obvious lines.

im praying and crossing my fingers!!

Quoting candis06:

I tweaked it and I do believe I see pink! Take another one in the AM!! :) GL!

fostermomoftwo
by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM

i wasnt looking for a debbie downer, im already pessimistic enough myself with going on my 8 months ttc. I have been on this board for two years and have seen a lot of good come from tweaking and inverting. a previous person on this thread told me to go to that website..i didnt realize that this would be the time that everyone went against me. You didnt hear the part that i used the same exact test with water and another line never came up when i inverted it, and the line i saw with my test had the same color as the test line when inverted. i thought i saw something really faint and when the previous person pulled it out with a tweak it made me feel like i wasnt losing my mind..it is in the same exact area where i swore i saw something.

im not gonna test anymore or post it on here..

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

I agree with you 110% on that. :0)

Quoting Rose87:

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Quoting Rose87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)