Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Superstition?

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
  • 14 Replies
Last time I was pregnant last yr I found out at 4 weeks and went to the doc at 5 weeks and basically freaked out till I was 10 weeks and had my mc. The question im debatin now is I know im pregnant should I hold off on tellin my doc or anything else due to being superstisious and just start takin my vitamins or should I go to my doc asap? Btw I already have a doc appt with my ob gyn june 16 so I would b 6 or so weeks, can I push it that long?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rose87
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I have a history of miscarriage as well. The day I got my BFP, I called and made an appointment with my OB to get labs drawn etc. I got into the doc office on March 11th and I got my BFP on March 8th.

I have had multiple ultrasounds and my doc checks the baby's heart rate at each appointment.

Start the vitamins and call your doc ASAP to start care now.

Pregnancy

Rose87
by on May. 8, 2012 at 7:48 PM

And my last miscarriage was at 11w5d but the baby had stopped growing weeks before that.. so I went on thinking "everything is fine" when it really wasnt.. it was hard getting to the 11w stage because I was freaking out but I am now 13w3d and everything is GREAT

Pregnancy

Always_April
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Mines the same I was 11 w 2d when they finally did the dnc but baby stopped growin at 6w 2d. Thats y im scared im scared to go see what if theres a sac and ni baby or what if theres no heartbeat again. I started my vitamins already soi have a doc appt june 16 and I would b a little over 9 weeks if u go by o date if u go by lmp I will b almost 11 weeks what should I do

Quoting Rose87:

And my last miscarriage was at 11w5d but the baby had stopped growing weeks before that.. so I went on thinking "everything is fine" when it really wasnt.. it was hard getting to the 11w stage because I was freaking out but I am now 13w3d and everything is GREAT

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM
First off, let me say how disappointed I am that no one else responded. That is horrible!

Second, about the dnc, I passed mine naturally at home. I still feel horrible about it to this day.

Third, I would suggest calling another OBGYN who can see you sooner. I would also suggest, if you are truly worried, to go to the ER. I know how you feel about not seeing a heartbeat and such. It is rough. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Lastly, most doctors go by lmp so whenever that is to now, that's how far along you are.

Can your ob not see you sooner?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Always_April
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM
No im sure if I call him he will get me in I just know its really too early to see anythingand I just dont wanna get my hopes up theres nothing wrong enough for me to go to the er

Quoting Rose87:

First off, let me say how disappointed I am that no one else responded. That is horrible!

Second, about the dnc, I passed mine naturally at home. I still feel horrible about it to this day.

Third, I would suggest calling another OBGYN who can see you sooner. I would also suggest, if you are truly worried, to go to the ER. I know how you feel about not seeing a heartbeat and such. It is rough. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Lastly, most doctors go by lmp so whenever that is to now, that's how far along you are.

Can your ob not see you sooner?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM
He could at least do blood levels to check hcg, progesterone, etc

I'd go in to at least get testing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Always_April
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Go soon then? But thats what will cause the stress if I start goin and the levels arent right or whatever

Quoting Rose87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rose87
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:58 AM
I went within 3 days of my bfp and had levels drawn. An u/s showed a sac but nothing more. A week later, we saw a hb @ 7wks.

I feel it is better to know sooner.

Quoting Always_April:

Go soon then? But thats what will cause the stress if I start goin and the levels arent right or whatever

Quoting Rose87:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Firemanswife723
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I agree with what Rose has said, I would get blood drawn at the very least!!  It's scary waiting for that first u/s, I too know this from my losses...Best of luck to you hun!!! I look forward to your updates! =) I also feel like that since I've had losses, I'd look into a new ob and try to be seen sooner. That's just me though, best of luck again hun!! Lots of sticky bean dust to you!!

tarakay0417
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Go to the doctor ASAP. The sooner you start your prenatal care the better for you and baby. I had a MC last year so I understand why you are scared. I would be too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)