Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Looking for some Clomid friends!!!!!

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM
  • 15 Replies

Hi, Im new on here, so i will just jump right in!  Im TTC,Im 34, I have a 16 yr old, and I have a didelphic uterus!

Im on CD21, April was my 2nd round of Cloimd, I didnt O on the 1st round in March. I miscarried in Jan 2012. My last round of Clomid was 100 mg, and I took it CD3-7

I finally got my 1st +opk on Cd19 (2 days ago) using 2 OPk test brands Clearblue dig, & Answer dip sticks. I again tested on CD20 with the same 2 brands & got a - opk, I 2day (CD21) said what the heck and tested again with the same 2 OPK brands and I got +.  I tested on these days 2 times with both test brands!

SO CONFUSED!!!!!!!

On Cd19 I had Opains and they got stronger throughout the day into evening and I felt like my ovaries were swollen. For about a hour it was very hard to sit,move, turn or pretty much anything, then around 10ish I got this sharp pain on right ovary and the pain went into my side and into my back, it was a quick burst of sharp pain that lasted for maybe 10-15 seconds. After that I still had O pains and they were like they were b4 the burst of sharp pain, and they also seem to feel little swollen.
Yesterday after BDthey felt swollen for maybe 30 mins, but then through tout the day I still had some O pains but NOTHING like the day b4, more like pressure and what not.

The pain wasnt where I couldnt do anything or put me in a ball, just made me wanna lay down. Not much O pain yesterday little sore feeling, as of 2day & now my O's feel kinda like they did prior to CD19....tugs,little pains...hard to explain but if you have been on clomid you know what Im talking about, feels kinda like my O's are getting ready to gear up AGAIN?????? I have had O pains on both sides this month!

SO CONFUSING!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually called my Dr yesterday and wanted to make sure the sharp burst of pain I felt on Sunday (CD19) was normal, and she said it sounded like a release of a egg!!!!! yeah to me it felt like a really BIG egg!  ;)

anyways prior to Oing or getting my 2 +opk I was very nausea, and was nausea lot for about 1 1/2 weeks and some times it was on and off! I was so nausea I didnt even want to eat!  My breast havent been sore or hurt in anyway, moods.....yep I have been swinging, but sometimes having a teen age 16 yr u swing anyways! This round I had more side effects then my 1st round!

Anyways I am looking for some Clomid friends to chat with and easy some of this, and see what others  symptoms are, and if anyone has ever had anything like mine! 

by on May. 8, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mindipeake
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 8:55 PM
Hi ill b 33 sun and have a 13 yo and a 12 yo I just started my first round of clomid this cycle april 20th on days 5-9 hoping it works I defentally noticed my O pains were pretty awful this cycle I can defentally relate to the feeling swollen part of your post :( anyway I'm here to chat compare notes and support take care and baby dust!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:08 PM
Clomid will make your OPK's positive for a longer than usual, it's normal. I'm on my 4th cycle this month and it was 100mg. I got my +OPK yesterday and dh and I dtd two times a day since Friday, skipped yesterday as only dtd once today. I've been using instead cups as well. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsWood729
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Hello Clomid Buddies =)  I'm 27 yo, Married to a US Navy Sailor for 8 years & we have a 5 yo Son.  Got in our heads that we would get pregnant on the first try after coming off bc for the past 4 1/2 years & right before Hubby left for an 8 month long deployment...wel things didn't work out that way.  Found out in Feb/Mar 2012 that I have PCOS.  I started my first round in March 50mg just to see if I would OV which I did on CD19 it gave me lots of hope.  Hubby returned Home on April 13th and I OV on CD14 this cycle so now I'm 8dpo and going to test on Sunday (Mother's Day).  It would be the BEST Homecoming gift I could give to my Hubby.  Good Luck Ladies & LOTS of Baby Dust to you

Mindipeake
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Hope you get your bfp that would be a great homecoming gift! We're trying to to get pregnant before deployment comes back around. Good luck to you and lotsa baby dust!

Quoting MsWood729:

Hello Clomid Buddies =)  I'm 27 yo, Married to a US Navy Sailor for 8 years & we have a 5 yo Son.  Got in our heads that we would get pregnant on the first try after coming off bc for the past 4 1/2 years & right before Hubby left for an 8 month long deployment...wel things didn't work out that way.  Found out in Feb/Mar 2012 that I have PCOS.  I started my first round in March 50mg just to see if I would OV which I did on CD19 it gave me lots of hope.  Hubby returned Home on April 13th and I OV on CD14 this cycle so now I'm 8dpo and going to test on Sunday (Mother's Day).  It would be the BEST Homecoming gift I could give to my Hubby.  Good Luck Ladies & LOTS of Baby Dust to you

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeful34
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Mindipeake,

my 1st cycle of Clomid 50mg, I didnt have very many side effects atleast not like this cycle, but I also didnt O on that cycle either. I did notice my period was not as long as it use to be prior to my miscarriage. I hadnt had a period since Nov 2011, an dlost baby in Jan 2012 and had my 1st period in March 2012. My period after my 1st cycle was a 33 day wait, so yes I thought I might be PG when I didnt get it by 32 days. My prog level came bk  3.4 VERY LOW....and I was so confused cause I had been doing OPK and thought I was getting + but come to find out I was reading them wrong...meaning I thought line was dark or the same when actually it wasnt. This cycle I got the clearblue dig and some dip sticks, and its so much easier with the clearblue dig, and I now know what a real DARK line looks like on a OPK from seeing it on the dip sticks.

My 1st cycle I did have some mood swings and would seem to cry lot..... yep i was a big baby. This cycle not so much crying little at 1st but then more just moody and crancky, along with nausea,no energy wanted to nap LOT, and all this started about around CD10 but got worse CD15, oh and my taste and smell OH LORD I didnt wanna eat and everything tasted blah and the smell of stuff was strong and gave me headaches and that started CD15 pm, and worse on CD16-17 all day.Migraine on CD18 which not sure if that was the Clomid cause I have mighraines so much and so bad I was on meds for it but took myself off for the simple fact if I got PG I would have to stop them anyway,plus they made me NEVER hungry which isnt good when TTC.

I also noticed I didnt have much CM this round, I cant compare it to last month cause I didnt know that had anything to do with it (you can tell I didnt pay attention in health Class). I do have very dry days, and I have been able to notice wet but no EWCM, but we bought preseed to help with that!

Im guessing from the swollen O's thats a good sign for the both of us. So you are on CD22? am i right?

When did ur side effects start?

Im just confused on my +, -, +,  If I wasnt using the clearblue dig along with Answer dip sticks I would think i was reading them wrong, but when the smiley faces shows and the test line is dark as dark and the control line is light, I know I have a +  2 times, 2 diff days.

confused on what the sharpe burst of pain was? was that a egg?  I know you can O twice a month, but I would think from that pain that egg (if it was) was a strong egg and the others would bk off! ;)

who knows, maybe it means twins? maybe it has something to do with my didelphic uterus, female bodies are so confusing! 

My poor husband wants a baby so bad, but he told me hes tired of hearing about this CD or that CD and OPK, I guess men just dont understand!

I as well have a 12 yr, my step son....12 & 13 wonder age since I swear they take stupid pills in the morning, but it doesnt get easier my 16 yr old I swear takes a stupid,horney,know it all, stinky, non listening, lazy pill every morning!  I really dont think my sons elevator goes all the way to the top,but they say boys/men take longer for that common sense to kick in!!!! I really do believe they should have wrote a book about "what to expect when you're expecting a teenager" cause the toddler years are a piece of cake compared to teen yrs! 

hopeful34
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM

OH WOW...military wives, well we all have more the TTC in common, cause my husband was in The Marines from 01-06, and we lived in VA until 06 now we are back home.  My brother is also in the Navy he is a 0-5 or I might be wrong I think he is a 0-6 I cant keep up, he is in VA now.

hopeful34
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Quoting HisUsmcWifey:

Clomid will make your OPK's positive for a longer than usual, it's normal. I'm on my 4th cycle this month and it was 100mg. I got my +OPK yesterday and dh and I dtd two times a day since Friday, skipped yesterday as only dtd once today. I've been using instead cups as well. Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask!!

UsmcWifey, I did hear that Clomid could make ur OPK+ longer as well but I didnt think I would have a - in between. With the pain and swollen O's I had on CD19 I didnt think I owuld get another + on CD21. Do you know if you ovulate while the OPK is + still? or I guess what I am asking is could I have Od the same day I got my +opk? I took the 1st test around 2ish on CD19 and that was my 1st +opk.... that was a double look to make sure I was seeing a smiley face!

DH and I dtd CD17 (Friday) 1 time, CD18 (saturday) 1 time, CD19 (sunday) 2 times I think maybe 3, and then CD20 (monday/yesterday) 1 time in the am b4 he went out of town. He is out of town right now but will be back 2morrow until Thursday morning..... so we will be busy since I dont know if I od yet or not! Thank god for preseed!!!!!!

Bero2007
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Hi! I just took my second clomid 50mg for my first time using it today. Don't seem to have any side effects but was wondering if the side effects build each day or if I'm just lucky. Dh works closing shifts so it will be interesting to see if we get a chance to get pg this cycle as it is. I'm just hoping clomid helps me o so when we have a cycle with good timing we will have success. We have a ds that turned 3 two weeks ago and can't wait to make him a big brother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeful34
by on May. 8, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Quoting MsWood729:

I so know what u mean by getting it in ur head the 1st try, we thought that as well and just having a miscarriage always hear its easier to get PG right after one, so adding in the Clomid we though chances were 90%....yeah uuummm not so much!  I figured there was a reason I got PG 16 yrs later, cause we wasnt trying and was 50/50 careful, kinda figured I couldnt get PG and my son was the golden child!  Now that we are older and smarter and way more stable we are ready. maybe loosing the baby was my sign/wake up call since I really didnt know or ever really think about having another I just figured if god wants me to he will, and he did. It was the hardest thing loosing my baby and still greaving to this day, and what also made it harder was I lost it on my bday.

I was told by my Dr (not my OB), that I had mild PCOS and the signs was acne and getting few facial hairs on my chin..... thats it,Im not over weight I am almost 5'7 and weigh 128-132 depending on what time month it is.  My dr had a ultrasound done and they found small and I mean small cyst so she said yep u have PCOS..... ummm well i thought all women get cyst and they go away? about a yr later I told her my periods were getting bad and actually they have NEVER been normal. as a teen I hardly had them, then I had them here and there, then young adult they started to get normal, then about 27-28 they were more all the time,but then started to go bk to what I though was little normal,but then by 29 no they was 3 weeks outta a month instead of 2 weeks or here and there through out the month. They would also start right after dh and I would dtd. anyways about a yr ago I was told I  endometriosis,and that I need to take provera for 5 days I think and see if my period within a few months goes normal, if not then we would have to look into other options, well the pill work thank god..... so for about a yr my periods have been normal.  so in all honesty Im not sure if I have mild PCOS, I say that cause when i was PG my skin was beautiful...so I jsut think I need a little extra hormones pretty much what is in BC pills.  Tha all being said PCOS is a evil thing, I really feel for you, and know how stressful TTC can be. 

Do you have normal periods or any at all? I know PCOS can make u really not have them!

Mothers day would be beyond the best homecoming gift for ur husband and the BEST mothers day gift for u as well.  Im sure this week will go slow and Sunday will take forever to get here, no matter what the out come is I wish u the best of luck. just remember there is always a hidden blessing in everything, even if you dont know what it is, you will know when it happens! 

LOTS OF BABY DUST TO U and ALL OF US TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopeful34
by on May. 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Quoting Bero2007:

Hi! I just took my second clomid 50mg for my first time using it today. Don't seem to have any side effects but was wondering if the side effects build each day or if I'm just lucky. Dh works closing shifts so it will be interesting to see if we get a chance to get pg this cycle as it is. I'm just hoping clomid helps me o so when we have a cycle with good timing we will have success. We have a ds that turned 3 two weeks ago and can't wait to make him a big brother!

I didnt really have any side effects on my 50mg which was my 1st round, I really just had some crying and moody and didnt start having them until about 2 weeks after my 1st pill. My 2nd round 100mg I had more and they actually started on CD10, but they was mild, they didnt get very noticeable to me until CD14.  I know what you mean on the timing caus emy husband travels for his job and we never know when he will leave or come home.....makes it even harder when I dont actually know when O without clomid. I started using mymonthlycycles.com and fertility friend to help me kinda pin point when I would, I also used the clomid ovulation prediction calculator to also help, out of those 3 they did all give me the right few days give a day.  so I was able to narrow it down and know when I should really start dtd. thank god it was over a weekend and my husband actually didnt want any over time so he was home.  BUT clomid is tricky and diff on everyone. Since this is ur 1st cycle I would right down every little thing from cramps to taste change to moods, to what CM you have each day. even if your tired I would write it down for that day it happens. I did notice my side effects started getting worse or I got more each day closer to O day. And dh & I dtd everyday more then once around the days I knew I was getting close. 

I started OPK CD10, and around my Cd14 I started OPK 2 times a day. I used dip sticks and when I got closer to the days that the calanders said I was going to O, I used dip sticks and the Clearblue dig, and i got + on both, plus I learned how to read those dip sticks cause they can be tricky!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)