Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How is this possible? "Dazed" and confused....

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm on CD12, and I got a +OPK this morning. Whaaaaaaat? I never Od this early. I usually get a :) on CD14, and the only time I Od on CD13 when I got an HCG on CD12. I'm def. getting ready to O, b/c I'm having cramps, so I know the test is not a fluke. I'm just wondering what could've caused this. I'm taking EPO, could that be it?

The reason I'm so disappointed is b/c we BDed on Monday am, and in the meantime we had to deal with our kitty's passing, and what lead up to it, and now we're all sad, and don't really feel like BDing. We just lost her yesterday, so I think the sadness is understandable. 

I took clomid last cycle, but I don't think that could still be in my system, right? What do you ladies think? I'm really confused. 

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bebe42081
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:30 AM
I am so sorry about your kitty :( I know how hard that is to deal with.

I'm not very familiar with EPO but it could possibly be why you O'd early. 2 days earlier than normal isn't that much of a stretch and if you BD'd Monday am & if you could again tonight you still should have a good chance of catching that egg! GL!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Thank you! We wanted this morning, but we had a rough night, so we didn't want to force it. We'll see how we feel tonight, and we're gonna give it our best shot. :)

How are you doing? Where are you in your cycle?

Quoting bebe42081:

I'm not very familiar with EPO but it could possibly be why you O'd early. 2 days earlier than normal isn't that much of a stretch and if you BD'd Monday am & if you could again tonight you still should have a good chance of catching that egg! GL!!

bebe42081
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM
That is definitely understandable! Hope tonight goes well :)

I am okay, feeling kinda icky this am but don't think it really means anything. We are CD9 waiting to O so not too much going on with us lol. My temp jumped up by .7 degrees today which was kinda odd but might been cuz I got up to pee at 3! I hope that's all it is lol. Thanks for asking :)

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Thank you! We wanted this morning, but we had a rough night, so we didn't want to force it. We'll see how we feel tonight, and we're gonna give it our best shot. :)

Quoting bebe42081:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdixon12
by on May. 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM

sorry about your pet :-( . howeever you may have calculated your cycle incorrectly. I know for me I have O on cd12 normally b/c I am a 25day cycle . hopw things work out for you

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Good luck to you for this cycle, and tons of baby dust :))) I hope we get our BFPs this time around :)

Quoting bebe42081:

That is definitely understandable! Hope tonight goes well :)

I am okay, feeling kinda icky this am but don't think it really means anything. We are CD9 waiting to O so not too much going on with us lol. My temp jumped up by .7 degrees today which was kinda odd but might been cuz I got up to pee at 3! I hope that's all it is lol. Thanks for asking :)

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Quoting bebe42081:

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Thank you. I didn't calculate, I use clearblue digi, and to my surprise it gave me a smiley face this morning. I've read other posts on other websites from women who experienced early O while taking EPO. This is not normal for me, but hey, I'll take whatever I get :-P Good luck to you, and baby dust!

Quoting jdixon12:

sorry about your pet :-( . howeever you may have calculated your cycle incorrectly. I know for me I have O on cd12 normally b/c I am a 25day cycle . hopw things work out for you

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Keep in mind that you usually O 12-36 hours after the positive, so you may not O until tomorrow.  Also, its possible to O outside of that normal window, so you may not O for several days yet.  So if you aren't temping keep BDing to make sure you don't miss catching the egg.

Good luck!

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Thanks for that info. Yes, I did know that O happens 12-36 hrs after the +, I just found it weird to get a + so soon in my cycle. I was thinking when I went back to bed this morning that I should keep testing to see what happens. I thought God must already have a plan :) I'm not stressing about it. I was a little disappointed, but I'm not stressed at all. Whatever happens, happens. If not this month, there's always next month :)

How do you get a + if you won't O until later? I'm just curious b/c I don't know :) I am temping, but with the crazy couple of days we had, I didn't enter my data. I'm gonna do it right now, and I'll post it to see what you think. I'm really not an expert in charting :)

Quoting GwenMB:

Keep in mind that you usually O 12-36 hours after the positive, so you may not O until tomorrow.  Also, its possible to O outside of that normal window, so you may not O for several days yet.  So if you aren't temping keep BDing to make sure you don't miss catching the egg.

Good luck!

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Here's my chart. Can you tell me what you think? Thank you.

Quoting GwenMB:

Good luck!

trinasc
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

If you have other signs like cm then I would get to it! A positive is just like a heads up that gives you time to start bding! Hope you catch that egg! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)