Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How is this possible? "Dazed" and confused....

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm on CD12, and I got a +OPK this morning. Whaaaaaaat? I never Od this early. I usually get a :) on CD14, and the only time I Od on CD13 when I got an HCG on CD12. I'm def. getting ready to O, b/c I'm having cramps, so I know the test is not a fluke. I'm just wondering what could've caused this. I'm taking EPO, could that be it?

The reason I'm so disappointed is b/c we BDed on Monday am, and in the meantime we had to deal with our kitty's passing, and what lead up to it, and now we're all sad, and don't really feel like BDing. We just lost her yesterday, so I think the sadness is understandable. 

I took clomid last cycle, but I don't think that could still be in my system, right? What do you ladies think? I'm really confused. 

by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Replies (11-18):
pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I have light O cramps on and off. I don't track CM :-/ Thank you!! :)

Quoting trinasc:

If you have other signs like cm then I would get to it! A positive is just like a heads up that gives you time to start bding! Hope you catch that egg! 

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 10, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Sometimes you can gear up to O but not actually O for some reason - illness & stress are two biggies that can affect ovulation.  Travel can impact things, too.  Sometimes it can just be some weird unknown thing, too.

Last Sept, I got a pos opk on CD13 but didn't O until CD16 - and I often O on the day I get a positive opk.  That was just a weird cycle!

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Thanks for that info. Yes, I did know that O happens 12-36 hrs after the +, I just found it weird to get a + so soon in my cycle. I was thinking when I went back to bed this morning that I should keep testing to see what happens. I thought God must already have a plan :) I'm not stressing about it. I was a little disappointed, but I'm not stressed at all. Whatever happens, happens. If not this month, there's always next month :)

How do you get a + if you won't O until later? I'm just curious b/c I don't know :) I am temping, but with the crazy couple of days we had, I didn't enter my data. I'm gonna do it right now, and I'll post it to see what you think. I'm really not an expert in charting :)

Quoting GwenMB:

Keep in mind that you usually O 12-36 hours after the positive, so you may not O until tomorrow.  Also, its possible to O outside of that normal window, so you may not O for several days yet.  So if you aren't temping keep BDing to make sure you don't miss catching the egg.

Good luck!

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 10, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Your chart doesn't show a whole lot yet since our temps don't predict that we will O, they just tell us that we did.  I wouldn't be surprised if you did O today, although it could be a day or two still.

Your O day can move around - I've O'd anywhere between CD8 & CD16 with CDs 10 & 12 being the most common.

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Here's my chart. Can you tell me what you think? Thank you.

Quoting GwenMB:

Keep in mind that you usually O 12-36 hours after the positive, so you may not O until tomorrow.  Also, its possible to O outside of that normal window, so you may not O for several days yet.  So if you aren't temping keep BDing to make sure you don't miss catching the egg.

Good luck!

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Thank you! I appreciate your help! I did another OPK this morning, just out of curiousity, and it gave me a ":)". I'm not sure how OPKs work. Would they still show pos. even if let's say I Od sometime yesterday? I'm gona do another one tomorrow morning too, just to see what happens. Here's my chart from this morning. I should go on FF and do the tutorial on charting. I'd probably find some useful info, and learn a thing or two :)

Thanks again! How are you doing? Are you in your 2WW?

Quoting GwenMB:

Your chart doesn't show a whole lot yet since our temps don't predict that we will O, they just tell us that we did.  I wouldn't be surprised if you did O today, although it could be a day or two still.

Your O day can move around - I've O'd anywhere between CD8 & CD16 with CDs 10 & 12 being the most common.

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 11, 2012 at 9:49 AM
You can have positive opks after you've already O'd. Not sure how that works, but I've seen many ladies here have 3-4 days of pos opk but o after the first day.

Looks like you haven't o'd yet.

I am on cd 7, waiting to o again.

Definitely do the tutorial! It has a lot of good info.
HisB0107
by Billine on May. 11, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Maybe that's a good sign... to get an early positive opk! :)

So sorry about the kitty :(

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:07 PM

I guess that's good news for me...lol. I'm not out yet :) Thank you!!

Quoting GwenMB:

You can have positive opks after you've already O'd. Not sure how that works, but I've seen many ladies here have 3-4 days of pos opk but o after the first day.

Looks like you haven't o'd yet.

I am on cd 7, waiting to o again.

Definitely do the tutorial! It has a lot of good info.

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thank you! I hope it is :)

Quoting HisB0107:

Maybe that's a good sign... to get an early positive opk! :)

So sorry about the kitty :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)