Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Feels Unrealistic

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  • 6 Replies

i dont know why the excitement is gone ! it just feels so unrealistic , i thought i would be obsessed witht the 2ww but its just like everyday normal like nothing happen, like im not exited anymore. has this happened to any of you ladies? My wife got upset with me because she is very excited and very happy and shes thinking about it and talking about it and im just likeout of nowhere not talking about it or anything like that. And i think its because i dont want to get my hopes up and my wife says its because i dont believe that its going to happen but idk. who else has had that feeling??

by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cmdale87
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Its better to expect nothing then to expect everything :) Its normal, specially if taking a negative so tough. I know how it goes :) Fx for you and your wife :) Baby Dust!!

HerWife0421
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Thank you , i just feel so bad because i was very excited at first and then boom NOTHING at all . 

Quoting Cmdale87:

Its better to expect nothing then to expect everything :) Its normal, specially if taking a negative so tough. I know how it goes :) Fx for you and your wife :) Baby Dust!!

Cmdale87
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM

DH and I have been trying for 3 months... not too long but long enough to start not wanting to get excited either. Seeing the BFP, is what will excite me :) No one likes the 2ww, and no one likes to get their hopes up to be let down :) Best thing to do is stay postive, and not stress over it. Express to your wife, you're excited its just you'll be estatic when you get your postive!! <3

Quoting HerWife0421:

Thank you , i just feel so bad because i was very excited at first and then boom NOTHING at all . 

Quoting Cmdale87:

dababiesdreams
by on May. 10, 2012 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this
It's easier to take a BFN if you expect it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EthansMomma2010
by on May. 10, 2012 at 7:15 PM

i'm not excited anymore either. trying for almost 5 months and i could care less. especially since hpts dont work right for me. so the 2 ww means nothing. 6 weeks of no Af and i might get excited.

Riya123
by on May. 11, 2012 at 2:02 AM

its ok dude.i am also in the 2WW and i know how my hubby feels.we are TTC for 4 months and each month the anxiety got too much so this time we both took a vow not to stress over it.sometimes its good to prepare ur mind for the worst and something positive happens u feel elated.tell this to ur wife.but in a good way though :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)