Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SA Results

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband got his SA results today and his count and mobility are perfect but he does have some abnormalities with sperm morphology. I did not get the percentages but he was referred to a Urologist and will be seeing one in a few weeks. Has anyone else had this and what types of things did the Urologist try?

by on May. 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jen8484
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I cant really give any advice yet. Were going through the same thing. Dh has 100% abnormal morphology. We see the urologist in 2 weeks. Good luck! hope they can help you guys get a bfp
Jackie6701
by on May. 10, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Thanks! The first appointment available is June 1st so we have a long wait. Let me know how yours goes. :)

SatyrsMom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:17 PM
GL we hav an order 2 do 1 too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colbys_mom
by on May. 10, 2012 at 5:20 PM

what is sperm morphology

Jackie6701
by on May. 11, 2012 at 6:20 AM

Sperm morphology — the size and shape of sperm — is checked as part of a standard semen analysis for male infertility. The results of a sperm morphology exam indicate the percentage of sperm that appear normal when semen is viewed under a microscope.

Normal sperm have an oval head with a long tail. Abnormal sperm have head or tail defects — such as a large or misshapen head or a crooked or double tail. These defects may affect the ability of the sperm to reach and penetrate an egg.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured