Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

What next?????

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 8 Replies

Today is my last day of clomid. I was wondering when I should start using opk's.. I was thinking I read somewhere that you should start using them 3 days after your last pill. Then bd every other day.. Is this correct? This is my first cycle of clomid and want to make sure I'm doing things right...Thanks ladies in advance for any help!

by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
skmehlebam
by on May. 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I believe the bd'ing every other day is the sperm meets egg plan and IMO it sounds like a good one, unless your dh has low sperm count. In which case I'd only bd every 2 days: sex, off, off, sex pattern... And then once you get fertile cm bd every other day, and then every day once you get pos OPK until ovulation is confirmed with temping! That's just my remedy but bd'ing every other day works for many women as well! GL

kayleebugsmom32
by on May. 14, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Quoting skmehlebam:

I believe the bd'ing every other day is the sperm meets egg plan and IMO it sounds like a good one, unless your dh has low sperm count. In which case I'd only bd every 2 days: sex, off, off, sex pattern... And then once you get fertile cm bd every other day, and then every day once you get pos OPK until ovulation is confirmed with temping! That's just my remedy but bd'ing every other day works for many women as well! GL

Ok thanks I believe I'll bd every other day and then when I get fertile cm bd every day. Thanks for your opinion!  So should I start opk's 3 days after the last clomid pill?

skmehlebam
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even answer your question! I would personally start using the OPK's once my cm started to be more fertile, but I know 100% I do get fertile cm. I don't know if you do or not, unfortunately some women don't, so if I were you, I would start testing at least once a day as soon as you feel comfortable. You don't want to miss your surge. 3 days after last pill sounds like a good start! Or you could start sooner, but I def wouldn't start later! Good luck for a big fat egg and baby dust!!

Quoting kayleebugsmom32:

Quoting skmehlebam:

Ok thanks I believe I'll bd every other day and then when I get fertile cm bd every day. Thanks for your opinion!  So should I start opk's 3 days after the last clomid pill?

kayleebugsmom32
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Thank you so much for the help! Ive got my fx!

Quoting skmehlebam:

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't even answer your question! I would personally start using the OPK's once my cm started to be more fertile, but I know 100% I do get fertile cm. I don't know if you do or not, unfortunately some women don't, so if I were you, I would start testing at least once a day as soon as you feel comfortable. You don't want to miss your surge. 3 days after last pill sounds like a good start! Or you could start sooner, but I def wouldn't start later! Good luck for a big fat egg and baby dust!!

Quoting kayleebugsmom32:

Quoting skmehlebam:

mbittles1384
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:32 PM
I usually start day 10 because normally with clomid you ovulate late.they day 5 to 10 days after least pill
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelli1973124
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:55 PM

i took clomid days 5-9 (only took it for 1 cycle)..i started opks on day 12..didnt get positive til day 15.

kayleebugsmom32
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Ok thanks! This helps!

Quoting kelli1973124:

i took clomid days 5-9 (only took it for 1 cycle)..i started opks on day 12..didnt get positive til day 15.

kayleebugsmom32
by on May. 15, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you!

Quoting mbittles1384:

I usually start day 10 because normally with clomid you ovulate late.they day 5 to 10 days after least pill

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN