Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Question about O schedule and charting *pic* (update)

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

Good morning all ... wondering if anyone can give their insight .. I am on CD14

I seem to be on an evening schedule for starting AF, getting my LH surge and also Oing ... these all seem to happen pretty regularly later in the evening

my question is if I O'ed say like after 6pm, and my normal temp taking time is at like 3am, do you think my temp would have the spike that soon?

reason I ask is because I had an almost + OPK CD12 at 4pm, but I know if I would have taken another at around 9 it would have been +, then on CD13 I got an extremely + OPK with FMU (I know that you are not supposed to do that), another very + OPK at around 2pm, and extreme O pain on my left side at 5:30pm ... the O pain lasted about an hour and then died down to a dull ache

I expected my temp to spike this morn, but I temp at 3am and no spike .... I am like 100% sure I O'ed when I felt the pain ... do you think my temp spike will just show up tomorrow? ... I know its hard to say for sure, just looking for opinions, thanks :)

*update* ... I guess I am going to have a slow rise this month, it seems it usually is a spike, but i have only been charting for a few months, and from what I have heard every cycle is different ... I really hope this is our month!!! ... damn the 2ww ;)

by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:23 AM

I am thinking its possible you will get your temp rise tomorrow, you normally O 24 hrs but it can happen even as late as 36 hrs later. So its possible the egg hasn't officially realeased until sometime today making you not get your temp rise until the AM. Like you said its hard to really know though. Just have to wait and see what tomorrow hold. Good Luck though Hope you get that BFP!

maryinaz
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting NoraDun:

I am thinking its possible you will get your temp rise tomorrow, you normally O 24 hrs but it can happen even as late as 36 hrs later. So its possible the egg hasn't officially realeased until sometime today making you not get your temp rise until the AM. Like you said its hard to really know though. Just have to wait and see what tomorrow hold. Good Luck though Hope you get that BFP!

Thank you! ... this morning I am having a little of the dull ache left, but the pain I felt yesturday was so bad I had to lay down for 10 min ( would have laid there longer, but my 19 month old would have none of that) ... Good luck to you as well :)

APhoenixRising
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Do you normally see a big spike, or could you just have a slow rise?  It'll be interesting to see what your temp is tomorrow, let us know!

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 15, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I'm not sure how long it takes to get the temp spike after ovulation.  I would have thought it'd be immediate but its quite possible it takes a little longer.

Its also possible you could have a slow rise temp spike this month, although that might be harder to see.

Hopefully you just have a huge spike tomorrow!

maryinaz
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Quoting APhoenixRising:

Do you normally see a big spike, or could you just have a slow rise?  It'll be interesting to see what your temp is tomorrow, let us know!

For the months I have been charting there seems to have always been a spike, but I guess this month I am a slow riser ... thanks!

maryinaz
by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Quoting GwenMB:

I'm not sure how long it takes to get the temp spike after ovulation.  I would have thought it'd be immediate but its quite possible it takes a little longer.

Its also possible you could have a slow rise temp spike this month, although that might be harder to see.

No huge spike this morning :( ... looks a slow riser cycle this month ... is FF still going to mark O on the right day? ... thank you :)

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 16, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Yes FF will give you crosshairs on the day you O'd when it confirms that you did O.

Quoting maryinaz:

Quoting GwenMB:

No huge spike this morning :( ... looks a slow riser cycle this month ... is FF still going to mark O on the right day? ... thank you :)

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I do think you O'd yesterday.  Today's temp spike is at the minimum needed to show ovulation.  You'll just have to see what your temps do for the next couple days for confirmation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN