Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How to Count cd's??? Please Help...Im confused

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

I see everyone on here talking about cycle days, and what day they ovulate, etc. How do I start to do this? I have not had a period since November 2012. I have taken Provera which only makes me spot, not have a full bleed. Then I was to start my clomid even if I didnt bleed for a full 5 days. So I spotted on 4/30, started my clomid on 5/2, finished on 5/6, and started the BD on 5/8 and have for every other day since. I had my estrogen levels drawn yesterday, and I go back for my progesterone level to be drawn on 5/21, then pregnancy test drawn on 5/28. How in the world do you count these as a cycle? What day would be cd1? I am so very confused...!

confused

"Life has changed and in turn changed me...I am now happy and whole, looking forward to what the future brings."

by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:34 PM

What are the Drs calling the spotting? If they consider that your period, then start from the first day. That is CD1. Other than that, I am pretty lost as well. Here is a bump for someone a little more knowledgeable on this one than me. Good luck hun! 

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 15, 2012 at 2:46 PM

The docs are considering Apr 30 to be CD1 for you.

Have you asked them why they are considering the spotting to be your period?  Is your period usually that light?  If it isn't, I personally wouldn't be comfortable with considering that my period.  I'd want to know why I'm not actually getting my period even with using Provera.

twyliatepeka
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:04 PM

my doc said the 1st day ofa ny bleeding after my provera was to be considered CD1. he said if i spotted  or if i started a full on period that was CD1 either way it didn't matter, if it was bleeding it was CD1.

michelle21240
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:44 PM

first you have to know how far apart your cycles are the first day you stat menstrual up until the next when you start your mensrual agin. once you have done that and you have three months of regualar menstual cycles or at least two of them.  then when you start your cycle again count the first day of flow as cd 1. also going to fertilityfriend.com helps greatly once youve done that and find out how long or short cycle you are by clearblue digital ovulation test. good luck email me i want to know the results later how your doing.

msdannic86
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Thank you all of you helped a lot. I do wonder what happened to my full period though. Provera has not brought it back on.

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 15, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Quoting msdannic86:

Thank you all of you helped a lot. I do wonder what happened to my full period though. Provera has not brought it back on.

I would definitely ask your doctor about that.  Your hormones or thyroid may be out of whack causing the Provera to not work (I didn't know that was possible!) or something.  But it definitely seems like that needs to be figured out before you can go much further.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN