Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Having trouble tracking ovulation

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

My husband and I have been actively trying to conceive since about September but was not preventing pregnancy for a bout a year prior and I have not yet become pregnant.  I went to the doctor and she just told me to loose weight that she didnt see anything wrong besides having an irregular period.  That by looses 15-20 lbs might help with that.  For the past few months these have been my numbers.  From the day of becoming off my period to starting again was 36 days, 46 days, 48 days.

I've started to eat healthier, I am rarely stressed, and cut down on drinking significally,

Any opinions?

by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Your cycle length is really measured from the first day of your period to the day before your next period.  How long are your cycles when you include your period?

Losing weight obviously helps just about anything, being healthier is always good.  I'd be surprised if needing to lose just 15-20 lbs would really make that big a difference though.

I would highly recommend charting your temps & CM & consider using opks.  Doing this will help you see when you are fertile (obviously ver important to know this when ttc) and confirm that you are ovulating.  It'll also help you see if there is anything with your cycle that needs tweaking.  Fertilityfriend.com and tcoyf.com are great sites for charting online & FF has a good guide to get you started.  I also recommend the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility as it has a ton of good info about charting & getting pregnant.

You might also consider a natural fertility supplement such as Vitex to help regulate your hormones.  Maybe it would help you ovulate a little earlier in your cycle.

HOnestly, though, I might go get a 2nd opinion from someone else.  It wouldn't hurt to have your hormones, thyroid etc tested to see if there is something there that is causing your ttc issues.

caitipenn
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

If I count the days I am on my period the numbers are 41,55,54.

Thanks for the adivce.  Is there a good brand for opks you would reccommend?

michelle21240
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:05 PM

ok when you start your cycle count bleeding flow as cd 1 next day cd 2  and so on........

you need clearblue digital ovulation tests.  start  testing on 19cd all the way until 31cd

you test on your short cycle up until your longest cycle. might help as well fertilityfriend.com  its got a calendar for your own cycles to help pin point your days you need good luck. email me on your results good luck

michelle21240
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

if you aree 41 55 54 you would start testing on 24cd until 38cd good luck clear blue digital ovulation tests work great

GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 16, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I personally like the Wondfo brand, inexpensive, can order from Amazon & they work well for me.  But you could really try any brand & see how they work for you.

Quoting caitipenn:

If I count the days I am on my period the numbers are 41,55,54.

Thanks for the adivce.  Is there a good brand for opks you would reccommend?

caitipenn
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Thanks all so much!  I'm still catching up to the lingo with TTC I had no clue what CD ment lol.

caitipenn
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb but I am new to this and what does cd mean?  Still trying to learn these acronyms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN