Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

HSG Test :-( Question...

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:22 AM
  • 23 Replies

So after two months of doing clomid and nothing happening the Dr. is sending me in for a HSG test next week to see if my tubes are blocked. :-(

What was your outcome from your HSG test if you had one. I am so scared that after finding out I had PCOS that this will be something worse to add to the list of reasons why i am not getting pregnant. This is so stupid...  we are women....we are suppose to be able to make babies!!! :-(

by on May. 16, 2012 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I had one last Dec. Everything was fine with me back then, but didn't get pregnant. I think it's a good thing you're having it done. IF there's something then you'll know it and you can start treating it. It might be just a small blockage that the dye will take care of, or it might be nothing. I know from the Dr that did mine that many women get pregnant after an HSG, so just keep that in mind :)) I hope everything will go fine! FX! and KUP!!

Wally812
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Thank you! I did also hear that many women get pregnant after the test...just scares me to think that it can be something serious. We have been actively ttc since last November. January found out I had PCOS and now the clomid wont work!!! Just makes me sad that all these women that can't take care of their kids...and these young, young girls can get pregnant...but my hubby and I can't. Has you questions your beliefs and such, ya know.

Best of luck to you!!! Sorry for the rant lol

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

I had one last Dec. Everything was fine with me back then, but didn't get pregnant. I think it's a good thing you're having it done. IF there's something then you'll know it and you can start treating it. It might be just a small blockage that the dye will take care of, or it might be nothing. I know from the Dr that did mine that many women get pregnant after an HSG, so just keep that in mind :)) I hope everything will go fine! FX! and KUP!!

pryn4amiracle
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Oh, no need to apologize, we're here for each other, so any time you need to vent, you can message me :) I'm sorry you're having such a hard time TTC, and I totally understand how you feel. Have you tried femara? Some women say it worked for them, after trying clomid with no results. The way I think about it is, it's always better to know what's going on, then stressing about not knowing, especially if it turnes out to be something really small, or nothing. I do hope and pray it's nothing though! I'm gonna send you something in private if you don't mind. Something that helped me, and might help you too :)

Quoting Wally812:

Thank you! I did also hear that many women get pregnant after the test...just scares me to think that it can be something serious. We have been actively ttc since last November. January found out I had PCOS and now the clomid wont work!!! Just makes me sad that all these women that can't take care of their kids...and these young, young girls can get pregnant...but my hubby and I can't. Has you questions your beliefs and such, ya know.

Best of luck to you!!! Sorry for the rant lol

Quoting pryn4amiracle:

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

HisUsmcWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:38 AM

it was normal. it hurts like hell so take some tylenol or something before hand. I didn't have a blockage but the dr said that in some couples that after the HSG testing they end up pregnant the next month because there may have been something very small preventing the egg from making its way all the way down even though there was no "blockage"...Good luck!

Dmpeterson
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I just had mine done today. It didn't hurry too bad, just like bad cramps. I'm really glad that I had it done though. Now I know we don't have any significant blockages. The Dr said the same thing about getting pregnant after. He said that the dye clears any small blockages and increases our chances for the next 4-6 months. Hopefully we finally get our BFP, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see it.

Hugs and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jellybean82
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I'll be getting one very soon.  I'm nervous, too.

MsWood729
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I had one done with my son in Oct 2005, found that my right tube was blocked. In May 2006 I found out I was pregnant. Just recently had a repeat in April 2012, just waiting now for AF (hopefully NOT), or BFP. Going to test on the 18th since that's the day I got my BFP with my son. Would be so excited if I could do it again.

For me either was painful or uncomfortable. Very mild cramps. Just went home to rest for the day and was fine for the next day...Good Luck and LOTS of Baby Dust!!!
Wally812
by Member on May. 16, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Thanks all! I hope its nothing or something very small that the dye will help move on its way so we can finally get our BFP!

Good luck ladies!!!

lilyasmommy
by on May. 16, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I had one done yesterday. And I thought the same thing, worrying the worse and turned out I miughtve had a very small blockage but the dye cleared it out. It's gave me a little piece of mind and one less thing to wrooy about. And it's true alot of women do get pregnant after having a hsg, if only we all can be soo lucky lol

btw, definetley take some aleeve or iburprohen before it, like a pp said there is alot of cramping involved but good thing it only last as long as the test which is usually only about 5-10min. GL

gotchoo
by on May. 17, 2012 at 12:29 AM

My stepson's mama had one done a couple of weeks ago and found out that her tubes were completely blocked. :(  She also said it hurt like a bitch,  but that might've been because of the amount of blockage.  She's being assessed to see if she's a good candidate for surgery. We're still waiting to hear the results.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)