Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

clomid advice

Posted by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hi,

I have gone through all infertility test and the doctor stated all test came back normal. I have unexplained infertility. He gave me 50mg of clomid to start taking 5 to 9 days to hopefully stimulate my hormones to release more than one egg during ovulation.  My question to other women is " How many women have taken 50mg of clomid and had multiple births?

by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
toopicky429
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I took 50mg with no change. My RE increased it to 100mg, and it took two cycles of that to conceive (it was ectopic). I don't think it really increases the chances of multiples that much. I asked my RE about it, but I don't remember the stats he gave me. I just remember it wasn't that much of an increase. Good luck!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
HisUsmcWifey
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Clomid doesn't up your chances by that much. Your normal chances of concieving twins is 1%, with clomid it jumps to 10%. 9% is a lot but not a huge amount when you consider all that has to go into even getting pregnant. I know of 40 women that have taken clomid and gotten pregnant only 2 have been pregnant with twins.

amos23
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:50 AM

I have been on it for awhile now, and I was worried about multiple births as well...but the more research that I did, the more I found out about Clomid. From what I have found, if it runs in your family you obvsiously have a chance of multiples, but it doesn't increase your chances just by being on the medication. It just helps you ovulate.

amy31308
by Ashlee on May. 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I know it can make you hyperovulate to increase your chances of conceiving. I start it soon and can't wait. I am hoping for twins : )

armywife-aly
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:11 PM

I had 9 rounds of provera/clomid when trying to get pregnant with DS, no multiples here! 

Rose87
by on May. 16, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I took 50mg and I am pregnant with only 1 baby bean! :o)

I also got pregnant my first cycle. My doc did not know what was wrong with me either

Their.Mom
by on May. 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM

My friend got pregnant with twins on clomid. But she went into early labor around 19 weeks & neither of them made it. I'd love to have twins, but I have no reason to take clomid. But they do run in mine & DH's family. Good luck. (:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)