Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

For those who temp vaginally......

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
  • 6 Replies

I just started to temp vaginally this morning.  My temp was a lot higher than usual but I was a mouth breather so I am assuming that is why??  Also, what are your recommendations for temping vaginally??  How are you all doing it (like position, where you are putting the thermometer)??  Thanks for any advice.  I am hoping this will be a more accurate depiction of my cycles.

Amy (28), DH (29), married 6/24/06, DS (Benjamin John) born 1/4/10 (9 days early!), three furbabies: two dogs, Josie and Rosco, one cat, Missy.

by on May. 17, 2012 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
GwenMB
by Gwen on May. 17, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Yes, being a mouth breather definitely impacts that.  I also think vaginal temps are just more accurate & will be a little higher because they measure your core body temp better than an oral temp ever could. Kind of like how they'll take an anal temp which having an accurate temp is important, like with little kids.

I just lay on my back & put the therm in as far as it feels comfortable to do so.

tanzi.farhan
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:07 AM

yes vaginally is more accurate+ temp daily at same time at try to insert thermometer in specific length that goes inside

Ames624
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:16 AM

Thanks ladies! :)  I am interested to see how it changes from my previous temping cycles especially since I have not been having much luck with OPKs. 

Rose87
by on May. 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, your temp is higher vaginally because at night we all have a tendency to sleep with our mouths slightly open, if not entirely. 

You should lay on your back, relax and insert. Wait for the beep and be done. :o) I have only ever done it laying on my back. I tried once on my side and hubby said it looked like I was trying to spoon with my thermometer. LOL

Tbabyy87
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM
Lol funny!!!!

Quoting Rose87:

Yes, your temp is higher vaginally because at night we all have a tendency to sleep with our mouths slightly open, if not entirely. 

You should lay on your back, relax and insert. Wait for the beep and be done. :o) I have only ever done it laying on my back. I tried once on my side and hubby said it looked like I was trying to spoon with my thermometer. LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I just started temping and my vaginal temps are a bit higher then my oral temps.

I actually am curious about a few things maybe some of these ladies can help me with, is it still ok to temp vaginally after a night of bedding or will it cause temps to be off? And do you have to worry about not moving and temping as soon as you wake like you do with oral, or can you do it anytime? Do you still have to have so many hours of sleep for it to be accurate or does it not matter with vaginal temps??

Anyway I find it way less stress to do it vaginally because I dont have to wonder if I slept with my mouth open or stuff like that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN